Re: Firmware updates

  • baby_boffin
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 9, 2007
      I'm a little confused about where to find the updated firmware and
      configuration program are on the Internet - I've tried looking at

      https://svn.freepository.com/50lItuLQ7fW6s-web/wiki

      and I cannot see any files !

      I have one of the beta T2 and I am also a little lost on the
      discussion about resistor values. What and why do I have to change and
      is it really necessary ?

      Thanks,

      James G1PVZ
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 9, 2007
        The freepository site only has the source code, which you only need if
        you're going to modify and compile it yourself.

        The compiled code is at http://n1vg.net/opentracker/downloads.php, and
        I'll probably be creating a new page for it before long.

        You can also just click on the 'Web' button in the config program and
        select the firmware from the list.

        The Proto C version differs from the production version in the resistors
        used in the voltage divider that measures supply voltage. The larger
        resistor is now 30k. And no, you don't really need to change.

        Scott

        baby_boffin wrote:

        > I'm a little confused about where to find the updated firmware and
        > configuration program are on the Internet - I've tried looking at
        >
        > https://svn.freepository.com/50lItuLQ7fW6s-web/wiki
        > <https://svn.freepository.com/50lItuLQ7fW6s-web/wiki>
        >
        > and I cannot see any files !
        >
        > I have one of the beta T2 and I am also a little lost on the
        > discussion about resistor values. What and why do I have to change and
        > is it really necessary ?
        >
        > Thanks,
        >
        > James G1PVZ

      • P. Suryono Adisoemarta
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 9, 2007
          --- Scott Miller <scott@...> wrote:

          > Also relating to weather, the Tracker2's Ultimeter
          > II support has been
          > tweaked slightly.

          How about the ability to print WX beacons to the
          command line so that transmission can be igated? Any
          chance to add it on the next iteration?

          73 de Paulus N5SNN

          http://mail.yahoo.com
        • Chris Kantarjiev
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 11, 2007
            Has anyone else updated their proto C with the new firmware? I seem to
            have correct LED operations, but bogus voltage (18.3V?).

            Seems like a resistor change is in my future, since this is a bit of a
            nuisance.

            73 de chris K6DBG
          • dondorgram
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 13, 2007
              I updated my new OT2m with Tracker 2 firmware from the web and also my
              Proto C versions by clicking on the "Proto C and earlier" firmware.

              The OT2m voltage reads OK, but the Proto C's read 18.4v or so. I
              thought one of the reasons for the two firmware versions was to negate
              need to change resistors in the Proto C. Or did I get that wrong?

              Also on the download page http://n1vg.net/opentracker/downloads.php,
              there is only one ot2.s19. Looking at the code it is ver 54412, but
              does not specify if it is the OT2m or "Proto C and earlier" version.

              I have found the Proto Cs sometimes "lose their memory" and I need to
              reload the firmware from laptop as one does't always have access to the
              web when on the road. Can both versions be posted on the download page?

              Thanks

              Graham VE6GW