can't update firmware?

  • Jason
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 9, 2007
      I've got a T2 beta (B, I think, could be A) that I can't talk to with
      the config program.

      I have the latest config program (11-08-2007), have tried to disable
      turbo, and tried to "erase device and load new firmware". No joy. I
      can talk to it over the serial port, though.

      Is this possibly because I removed the 2n7000, added an external
      MAX232, and flipped that bit in EEPROM to make it invert (or stop
      inverting, can't remember) the serial bits?

      -Jason
      kg4wsv
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 9, 2007
        Yeah, I'm guessing that you've got such an early version of the
        bootloader that it doesn't check that bit, so only the regular firmware
        is uninverted. Hmm... I think that could be fixed by uploading the
        bootloader updater via XMODEM, but I haven't prepared a .bin file for it
        yet. I can try to do that this evening.

        Scott

        Jason wrote:

        > I've got a T2 beta (B, I think, could be A) that I can't talk to with
        > the config program.
        >
        > I have the latest config program (11-08-2007), have tried to disable
        > turbo, and tried to "erase device and load new firmware". No joy. I
        > can talk to it over the serial port, though.
        >
        > Is this possibly because I removed the 2n7000, added an external
        > MAX232, and flipped that bit in EEPROM to make it invert (or stop
        > inverting, can't remember) the serial bits?
        >
        > -Jason
        > kg4wsv

      • Jason kg4wsv
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 11, 2007
          On Nov 9, 2007, at 10:55 AM, Scott Miller wrote:

          > Yeah, I'm guessing that you've got such an early version of the
          > bootloader that it doesn't check that bit, so only the regular
          > firmware
          > is uninverted. Hmm... I think that could be fixed by uploading the
          > bootloader updater via XMODEM, but I haven't prepared a .bin file
          > for it
          > yet. I can try to do that this evening.

          I'm thinking about reworking the MAX232 I shoehorned in so I can add
          the second serial port (and neaten it up while I'm at it), so I
          probably could add an inverter at the same time, and get it back to
          standard config.

          If it's easy to do, I'll gladly accept, but don't go to a whole lot
          of trouble.

          thanks,
          Jason
          kg4wsv