Firmware updates

    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 8, 2007
      Updates all around tonight. Nothing major, but probably worth an
      upgrade next time it's convenient.

      For both the OT1+ and Tracker2, the processor should now shut down
      (more) safely when the voltage is too low for normal operation. This
      reduces the risk of code runaway trashing the flash memory.

      Also for both, a bug has been fixed in the altitude-based profile
      switching. A typo in a bitmask was causing errors in the comparison for
      certain altitude ranges.

      The OT1+ now has !DAO! support. Not that anything else supports it - I
      think it might work with Xastir now. Compressed mode is still a better
      way to get increased position resolution, but I'm trying to keep Bob
      happy and stay up with the latest APRS spec proposals.

      A separate firmware image is available for the Tracker2 for Proto C and
      earlier boards that should return the LED operation and voltage
      calculation to normal, since the main firmware image is built for the
      OT2m v1.0 with extra LEDs and a different voltage divider.

      otwincfg.exe has been updated so that the diagnostic screen calculations
      are correct for the OT2m. They are NOT correct for the Proto C and
      earlier boards, but if you've got one and don't like it, you can change
      the resistors. Also, the labels and units in the profile switching
      screen now change properly depending on your metric setting.

      A bug was fixed in the OT1+ relating to handling of noise and framing
      errors on the serial port, and hopefully this will solve some problems
      with erroneous weather station operation.

      Also relating to weather, the Tracker2's Ultimeter II support has been
      tweaked slightly. It turns out that the UII puts out an extra carriage
      return, and this was causing the T2 to spit out its console banner after
      every line. It now takes an extra CR to get out of weather mode.

      Also, the OT1 firmware that was listed as beta is now the official
      release version.

      All firmware updates have been posted to the source code repository.

      73,

      Scott
    • baby_boffin
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 9, 2007
        I'm a little confused about where to find the updated firmware and
        configuration program are on the Internet - I've tried looking at

        https://svn.freepository.com/50lItuLQ7fW6s-web/wiki

        and I cannot see any files !

        I have one of the beta T2 and I am also a little lost on the
        discussion about resistor values. What and why do I have to change and
        is it really necessary ?

        Thanks,

        James G1PVZ
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 9, 2007
          The freepository site only has the source code, which you only need if
          you're going to modify and compile it yourself.

          The compiled code is at http://n1vg.net/opentracker/downloads.php, and
          I'll probably be creating a new page for it before long.

          You can also just click on the 'Web' button in the config program and
          select the firmware from the list.

          The Proto C version differs from the production version in the resistors
          used in the voltage divider that measures supply voltage. The larger
          resistor is now 30k. And no, you don't really need to change.

          Scott

          baby_boffin wrote:

          > I'm a little confused about where to find the updated firmware and
          > configuration program are on the Internet - I've tried looking at
          >
          > https://svn.freepository.com/50lItuLQ7fW6s-web/wiki
          > <https://svn.freepository.com/50lItuLQ7fW6s-web/wiki>
          >
          > and I cannot see any files !
          >
          > I have one of the beta T2 and I am also a little lost on the
          > discussion about resistor values. What and why do I have to change and
          > is it really necessary ?
          >
          > Thanks,
          >
          > James G1PVZ

        • P. Suryono Adisoemarta
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 9, 2007
            --- Scott Miller <scott@...> wrote:

            > Also relating to weather, the Tracker2's Ultimeter
            > II support has been
            > tweaked slightly.

            How about the ability to print WX beacons to the
            command line so that transmission can be igated? Any
            chance to add it on the next iteration?

            73 de Paulus N5SNN

            http://mail.yahoo.com
          • Chris Kantarjiev
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 11, 2007
              Has anyone else updated their proto C with the new firmware? I seem to
              have correct LED operations, but bogus voltage (18.3V?).

              Seems like a resistor change is in my future, since this is a bit of a
              nuisance.

              73 de chris K6DBG
            • dondorgram
              Message 6 of 6 , Nov 13, 2007
                I updated my new OT2m with Tracker 2 firmware from the web and also my
                Proto C versions by clicking on the "Proto C and earlier" firmware.

                The OT2m voltage reads OK, but the Proto C's read 18.4v or so. I
                thought one of the reasons for the two firmware versions was to negate
                need to change resistors in the Proto C. Or did I get that wrong?

                Also on the download page http://n1vg.net/opentracker/downloads.php,
                there is only one ot2.s19. Looking at the code it is ver 54412, but
                does not specify if it is the OT2m or "Proto C and earlier" version.

                I have found the Proto Cs sometimes "lose their memory" and I need to
                reload the firmware from laptop as one does't always have access to the
                web when on the road. Can both versions be posted on the download page?

                Thanks

                Graham VE6GW