Weather with the Tracker2

  • Tom
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 8, 2007
      I would like to take the next step with the Tracker2 and purchase a
      basic Wx station. All I want is Temp, Wind speed/direction.

      1st - Am I correct in thinking that the Tracker2 does weather with the
      standard firmware?

      2nd - Is there a consenus on which Wx stations work and which ones
      don't work well with our Tracker2?

      Thank Again,
      Tom, W3TMC
    • P. Suryono Adisoemarta
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 8, 2007
        I've been using the LaCrosse 2317 with a T2 board for
        a couple of months (since April).
        Standard firmware, just need to enable with "amode
        ws2300" command

        --- Tom <tmcsail@...> wrote:

        > I would like to take the next step with the Tracker2
        > and purchase a
        > basic Wx station. All I want is Temp, Wind
        > speed/direction.
        >
        > 1st - Am I correct in thinking that the Tracker2
        > does weather with the
        > standard firmware?
        >
        > 2nd - Is there a consenus on which Wx stations work
        > and which ones
        > don't work well with our Tracker2?
        >
        > Thank Again,
        > Tom, W3TMC

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • Mark Patton
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 8, 2007
          I've been trying to use a Peet Ultimeter 2000 for the past year (with no
          external humidity sensor attached). That configuration does not work
          right. It gets all confused and reports bogus data most of the time. I
          think (hope) Scott is still working to figure out what the issue is and
          fix it.

          Mark

          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 8, 2007
            I posted a fix for the OT1+ recently, but I haven't been able to
            reproduce the problem on the T2. You should make sure AUTOBAUD is off,
            if you haven't already.

            Scott

            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 8, 2007
              > 1st - Am I correct in thinking that the Tracker2 does weather with the
              > standard firmware?

              Right.

              > 2nd - Is there a consenus on which Wx stations work and which ones
              > don't work well with our Tracker2?

              There have been some Ultimeter problems reported, but they're probably
              the best stations. I use the AAG 1-wire station and LaCrosse WS-2310
              myself.