Re: Tx-Mic line

  • Tom
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 8, 2007
      Update - OK now - I have grown to expect the unexplainable from
      computers but this is too strange ......

      To answer Scott's questions:
      All the LEDs come on at startup.
      The ACT LED never blinked green.

      Now - here are the facts (I promise this is the truth!)

      I had been powering the Tracker2 on a wall wart that was supposed to
      be 12VDC but was actually 16VDC. Just to see if it would really run
      OK on lower voltage, I connected it to a 9v battery. It seemed to
      work fine. I then noticed that the green Rx LED was coming on.
      Sometimes I would see a packet decoded without it blinking but most
      of the time there is a blink and then text on the screen. And BTW
      the activity light blinks too – I ~think~ it is blinking in response
      to GPS data.

      Having the idea that I was onto something of a voltage issue, I went
      back to the wall wart. Surprise - everything still works fine!

      Fun stuff!

      73,
      Tom, W3TMC

      PS – The Rx equalization didn't make any difference with the little
      HTX-200.