Re: [tracker2] Jackscrew tool (what we did)

  • James Jefferson Jarvis
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 2, 2007
      Hi Group,

      Since there continues to be interest in this I'll fill the group in on what I
      found and what I hooked Scott up.

      Wiha makes a 3/16" nut driver that is small enough to do the DB9 males. It's
      about $5. Details at:
      http://www.wihatools.com/200seri/265serie.htm

      To help Scott with doing production I decided to get him something he can put
      in a torque limited electric screwdriver. I bought a 1/4" drive 3/16" socket
      and a 1/4" drive to hex (screwdriver) adapter. Cost on these was about $2
      each. I then turned down the outer diameter of the socket on my lathe. The
      turning down took about 2 minutes, it was just the 30 minute trip to the
      store that dominated the project.

      -Jim KB0THN