Re: [tracker2] embeddable T2

    Message 1 of 15 , Oct 31, 2007
      Not sure about 3.3 volt support yet. It'll probably accept 3.3 volt
      inputs, but I haven't tested it. I suppose I could just throw another
      2N7002 in there as a cheap level shifter.

      The simplex repeater I'm designing uses a 3-volt, 20 MHz HCS08 chip, and
      for that project I'll be porting some of the AFSK code, so at some point
      I may use that as a starting point for a new version. The 64-pin chip
      has plenty of I/Os, but no more memory than the current chip.

      And once I've got some confidence in the 3-volt version of the radio
      interface circuitry it'll be easier to move to an ARM7 chip, and finally
      have some code space to spare again. At least, for the first six months
      of coding. =]

      Scott

      Patrick wrote:

      > What TTL levels would it support? The ability to use 3.3v TTL directly
      > without having
      > to run it through a converter would be enough that I'd definitely buy a
      > couple. Most of
      > the OEM GPS modules I've been playing with work there.
      >
      > Patrick
      >
      > On Tue, 30 Oct 2007 13:13:18 -0700, Scott Miller wrote
      > > Yeah, I saw those in the Victorinox store in Kowloon. Lots of expensive
      > > toys there to drool over, and the exchange rate only adds to the sticker
      > > shock!
      > >
      > > I'm still waiting for a Leatherman with a solder iron. =]
      > >
      > > Ok, it's probably time to kill this thread. Thanks for the suggestions
      > > - I've got a couple of ideas to look into now.
      > >
      > > On a more relevant subject, if anyone has (hardware) feature requests
      > > for an embeddable T2 board, let me know. I'm starting work on one this
      > > week. It'll most likely be in a DIP sort of form factor, but wider than
      > > the standard 0.6". I'm going to try to make both RS-232 and TTL serial
      > > ports available, for starters.
      > >
      > > Scott

    • Steve Bragg
      Message 2 of 15 , Nov 1, 2007
        N1VG wrote:

        > On a more relevant subject, if anyone has (hardware) feature requests
        > for an embeddable T2 board, let me know. I'm starting work on one this
        > week. It'll most likely be in a DIP sort of form factor, but wider than
        > the standard 0.6". I'm going to try to make both RS-232 and TTL serial
        > ports available, for starters.

        As you know, Scott, the HamHUD group has been interested in this for a little while now. My request would be to leave the RS232 transceiver off, but I can see where some people would want it. I would also ask that the active filter be present in front of the XR2211.

        I was interested in an I2C control port, but TTL async serial is just fine.

        73,

        Steve Bragg KA9MVA
        www.hamhud.net
        Message 3 of 15 , Nov 1, 2007
          It'll have SPI available, at least.

          Scott

          Steve Bragg wrote:

          > N1VG wrote:
          >
          > > On a more relevant subject, if anyone has (hardware) feature requests
          > > for an embeddable T2 board, let me know. I'm starting work on one this
          > > week. It'll most likely be in a DIP sort of form factor, but wider than
          > > the standard 0.6". I'm going to try to make both RS-232 and TTL serial
          > > ports available, for starters.
          >
          > As you know, Scott, the HamHUD group has been interested in this for a
          > little while now. My request would be to leave the RS232 transceiver
          > off, but I can see where some people would want it. I would also ask
          > that the active filter be present in front of the XR2211.
          >
          > I was interested in an I2C control port, but TTL async serial is just fine.
          >
          > 73,
          >
          > Steve Bragg KA9MVA
          > www.hamhud.net

        • Jason Rausch
          Message 4 of 15 , Nov 1, 2007
            --- Scott Miller <scott@...> wrote:

            > > > week. It'll most likely be in a DIP sort of
            > form factor, but wider than
            > > > the standard 0.6". I'm going to try to make
            > both RS-232 and TTL serial
            > > > ports available, for starters.

            This is exactly what I was talking about when we
            talked it over at DCC. I see it as a T2 veriant of
            the current SMT OT1+.

            Jason KE4NYV
            RPC Electronics
            www.rpc-electronics.com