RE: [tracker2] More tweaks

  • scott@opentrac.org
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 16, 2006
      Whoops. I'll add that to the assembly list. It's not polarized - it's a
      bidirectional device. Eventually I'll probably ship it with a
      unidirectional TVS, which should protect it from reverse polarity, but this
      is what I had on hand. It'll conduct either direction if the voltage goes
      over 30 volts.

      The resettable fuse works, though - I've shorted things out a couple of
      times, and only managed to make it a little warm.

      Going to go upload the new instructions now...

      Scott

      _____

      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 16, 2006
        Thanks. I am used to diodes being unidirectional.

        I loaded up the basic firmware, plugged it into a Relm radio I had laying here and it got to findU first packet! DCSAR-5.
        Excellent.

        Need some sleep now. I will work on it again after work tomorrow. I'm going to try KISS with UI-View next I think.

        -Brad

        ________________________________

[...]

        Craft hobby <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Craft+hobby&w1=Craft+hobby&w2=Hobby+and+craft+supply&w3=Ham+radio&c=3&s=60&.sig=YqiuyVwjnQFdynnsmMwVWg> Hobby and craft supply <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Hobby+and+craft+supply&w1=Craft+hobby&w2=Hobby+and+craft+supply&w3=Ham+radio&c=3&s=60&.sig=VduRJqNqUo9QkUiTI-knAA> Ham radio <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Ham+radio&w1=Craft+hobby&w2=Hobby+and+craft+supply&w3=Ham+radio&c=3&s=60&.sig=sl_TRqZTiP_WHSLe6P3ybA>

      • Brian B. Riley (N1BQ)
        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 17, 2006
          Mine hasn't arrived yet. I haven't been to the POo yet today though.

          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 17, 2006
            That *is* unusually slow for first-class mail. You're at 13801 - 168th St.
            NE, right?

            Scott

          • Curt, WE7U
            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 17, 2006
              On Fri, 17 Mar 2006 scott@... wrote:

              > That *is* unusually slow for first-class mail. You're at 13801 - 168th St.
              > NE, right?

              Yes, and the previous two packages you sent me, which were very
              recent (last few weeks), got here within 2 or 3 days.