Re: [tracker2] Jumper descriptions?

    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 5, 2007
      Same as the OT1+, with the addition of the EQ jumper for RX tone
      equalization. I need to redo the graphics to match the OT2m silkscreen.

      On a related subject, the bottom labels for the OT2m are going to the
      printer on Monday. You can see a proof at http://n1vg.net/label.pdf - I
      need to make a correction on the serial pinout, since pin 8 isn't 1-wire
      on the OT2m. I think I'm going to add "4 - Vout" unless someone can
      suggest a notation that's more obvious. Pin 4 can be either regulated 5
      volt power out, or it can be connected to the unregulated supply bus.

      I'm also planning a sticker for the inside of the lid that'll have the
      jumper reference, and anything else I can think of that ought to go there.

      Scott

      Lance Cotton wrote:

      > The new updated manual apparently skips the section where jumper
      > settings are described.
      >
      > Can someone give a quick run-down of the OT2m Rev 1.0 jumper settings?
      >
      > -Lance KJ5O

    • Bob Burns W9RXR
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 6, 2007
        At 09:45 PM 10/5/2007, Scott Miller wrote:

        >On a related subject, the bottom labels for the OT2m are going to
        >the printer on Monday. You can see a proof at
        >http://n1vg.net/label.pdf - I need to make a correction on the
        >serial pinout, since pin 8 isn't 1-wire
        >on the OT2m. I think I'm going to add "4 - Vout" unless someone can
        >suggest a notation that's more obvious.

        "Vout" gets the message across. Are you going to list pins 7 and 8 as
        they are described in the manual? Are you going to give the pin-outs
        for the accessory connector?

        >I'm also planning a sticker for the inside of the lid that'll have
        >the jumper reference, and anything else I can think of that ought to go there.

        Web address for the manual (which means you can never change the
        address on-line)? Stern admonition to not clutter up the network with
        useless beacons while SmartBeaconing <grin>? Seriously, maybe a
        suggestion for SmartBeaconing parameters.

        Bob...