Re: OT2m and UI-View?

  • k0yg
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 5, 2007
      Mark,

      Try using /*AMODE KISS*/ with all the slashes and stars just like you
      see them.

      Also search this group for "AMODE KISS" for more information.

      Mark

      --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, mark.rice@... wrote:

      > Has anyone tied their OT2m to UI-View?
      >
      > With a terminal window in UI-View and using a comms setup of a host
      type
      > "None", I can see aprs traffic from the OT2m. I can issue commands
      via
      > that terminal window, and the OT2m reponds.
      >
      > However, when I try to set up a KISS interface with the OT2m, I get
      > stalled UI-View progam and eventually a timeout. I've modified UI-
      View
      > interface command list to "Amode KISS" but I still can't get these
      two
      > things to talk together...
      >
      > Suggestions, thoughts, comments? I'm not that familiar with UI-
      View,

      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 5, 2007
        Same as the OT1+, with the addition of the EQ jumper for RX tone
        equalization. I need to redo the graphics to match the OT2m silkscreen.

        On a related subject, the bottom labels for the OT2m are going to the
        printer on Monday. You can see a proof at http://n1vg.net/label.pdf - I
        need to make a correction on the serial pinout, since pin 8 isn't 1-wire
        on the OT2m. I think I'm going to add "4 - Vout" unless someone can
        suggest a notation that's more obvious. Pin 4 can be either regulated 5
        volt power out, or it can be connected to the unregulated supply bus.

        I'm also planning a sticker for the inside of the lid that'll have the
        jumper reference, and anything else I can think of that ought to go there.

        Scott

        Lance Cotton wrote:

        > The new updated manual apparently skips the section where jumper
        > settings are described.
        >
        > Can someone give a quick run-down of the OT2m Rev 1.0 jumper settings?
        >
        > -Lance KJ5O

      • Bob Burns W9RXR
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 6, 2007
          At 09:45 PM 10/5/2007, Scott Miller wrote:

          >On a related subject, the bottom labels for the OT2m are going to
          >the printer on Monday. You can see a proof at
          >http://n1vg.net/label.pdf - I need to make a correction on the
          >serial pinout, since pin 8 isn't 1-wire
          >on the OT2m. I think I'm going to add "4 - Vout" unless someone can
          >suggest a notation that's more obvious.

          "Vout" gets the message across. Are you going to list pins 7 and 8 as
          they are described in the manual? Are you going to give the pin-outs
          for the accessory connector?

          >I'm also planning a sticker for the inside of the lid that'll have
          >the jumper reference, and anything else I can think of that ought to go there.

          Web address for the manual (which means you can never change the
          address on-line)? Stern admonition to not clutter up the network with
          useless beacons while SmartBeaconing <grin>? Seriously, maybe a
          suggestion for SmartBeaconing parameters.

          Bob...