OT2m and UI-View?

  • mark.rice@L-3com.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 5, 2007
      Has anyone tied their OT2m to UI-View?

      With a terminal window in UI-View and using a comms setup of a host type
      "None", I can see aprs traffic from the OT2m. I can issue commands via
      that terminal window, and the OT2m reponds.

      However, when I try to set up a KISS interface with the OT2m, I get a
      stalled UI-View progam and eventually a timeout. I've modified UI-View
      interface command list to "Amode KISS" but I still can't get these two
      things to talk together...

      Suggestions, thoughts, comments? I'm not that familiar with UI-View,
      and have been looking at some on-line resources for it. So far, I'm
      batting zero...

      - Mark
      N4CMB-11
    • k0yg
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 5, 2007
        Mark,

        Try using /*AMODE KISS*/ with all the slashes and stars just like you
        see them.

        Also search this group for "AMODE KISS" for more information.

        Mark

        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 5, 2007
          Same as the OT1+, with the addition of the EQ jumper for RX tone
          equalization. I need to redo the graphics to match the OT2m silkscreen.

          On a related subject, the bottom labels for the OT2m are going to the
          printer on Monday. You can see a proof at http://n1vg.net/label.pdf - I
          need to make a correction on the serial pinout, since pin 8 isn't 1-wire
          on the OT2m. I think I'm going to add "4 - Vout" unless someone can
          suggest a notation that's more obvious. Pin 4 can be either regulated 5
          volt power out, or it can be connected to the unregulated supply bus.

          I'm also planning a sticker for the inside of the lid that'll have the
          jumper reference, and anything else I can think of that ought to go there.

          Scott

          Lance Cotton wrote:

          > The new updated manual apparently skips the section where jumper
          > settings are described.
          >
          > Can someone give a quick run-down of the OT2m Rev 1.0 jumper settings?
          >
          > -Lance KJ5O

        • Bob Burns W9RXR
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 6, 2007
            At 09:45 PM 10/5/2007, Scott Miller wrote:

            >On a related subject, the bottom labels for the OT2m are going to
            >the printer on Monday. You can see a proof at
            >http://n1vg.net/label.pdf - I need to make a correction on the
            >serial pinout, since pin 8 isn't 1-wire
            >on the OT2m. I think I'm going to add "4 - Vout" unless someone can
            >suggest a notation that's more obvious.

            "Vout" gets the message across. Are you going to list pins 7 and 8 as
            they are described in the manual? Are you going to give the pin-outs
            for the accessory connector?

            >I'm also planning a sticker for the inside of the lid that'll have
            >the jumper reference, and anything else I can think of that ought to go there.

            Web address for the manual (which means you can never change the
            address on-line)? Stern admonition to not clutter up the network with
            useless beacons while SmartBeaconing <grin>? Seriously, maybe a
            suggestion for SmartBeaconing parameters.

            Bob...