Jumper descriptions?

  • Lance Cotton
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 5, 2007
      The new updated manual apparently skips the section where jumper
      settings are described.

      Can someone give a quick run-down of the OT2m Rev 1.0 jumper settings?

      -Lance KJ5O
    • mark.rice@L-3com.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 5, 2007
        Has anyone tied their OT2m to UI-View?

        With a terminal window in UI-View and using a comms setup of a host type
        "None", I can see aprs traffic from the OT2m. I can issue commands via
        that terminal window, and the OT2m reponds.

        However, when I try to set up a KISS interface with the OT2m, I get a
        stalled UI-View progam and eventually a timeout. I've modified UI-View
        interface command list to "Amode KISS" but I still can't get these two
        things to talk together...

        Suggestions, thoughts, comments? I'm not that familiar with UI-View,
        and have been looking at some on-line resources for it. So far, I'm
        batting zero...

        - Mark
        N4CMB-11
      • k0yg
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 5, 2007
          Mark,

          Try using /*AMODE KISS*/ with all the slashes and stars just like you
          see them.

          Also search this group for "AMODE KISS" for more information.

          Mark

          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 5, 2007
            Same as the OT1+, with the addition of the EQ jumper for RX tone
            equalization. I need to redo the graphics to match the OT2m silkscreen.

            On a related subject, the bottom labels for the OT2m are going to the
            printer on Monday. You can see a proof at http://n1vg.net/label.pdf - I
            need to make a correction on the serial pinout, since pin 8 isn't 1-wire
            on the OT2m. I think I'm going to add "4 - Vout" unless someone can
            suggest a notation that's more obvious. Pin 4 can be either regulated 5
            volt power out, or it can be connected to the unregulated supply bus.

            I'm also planning a sticker for the inside of the lid that'll have the
            jumper reference, and anything else I can think of that ought to go there.

            Scott

            Lance Cotton wrote:

            > The new updated manual apparently skips the section where jumper
            > settings are described.
            >
            > Can someone give a quick run-down of the OT2m Rev 1.0 jumper settings?
            >
            > -Lance KJ5O

          • Bob Burns W9RXR
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 6, 2007
              At 09:45 PM 10/5/2007, Scott Miller wrote:

              >On a related subject, the bottom labels for the OT2m are going to
              >the printer on Monday. You can see a proof at
              >http://n1vg.net/label.pdf - I need to make a correction on the
              >serial pinout, since pin 8 isn't 1-wire
              >on the OT2m. I think I'm going to add "4 - Vout" unless someone can
              >suggest a notation that's more obvious.

              "Vout" gets the message across. Are you going to list pins 7 and 8 as
              they are described in the manual? Are you going to give the pin-outs
              for the accessory connector?

              >I'm also planning a sticker for the inside of the lid that'll have
              >the jumper reference, and anything else I can think of that ought to go there.

              Web address for the manual (which means you can never change the
              address on-line)? Stern admonition to not clutter up the network with
              useless beacons while SmartBeaconing <grin>? Seriously, maybe a
              suggestion for SmartBeaconing parameters.

              Bob...