t2-135 RX sensitivity

  • radar
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 27, 2007
      Is there any way to make the t2-135 RX more sensitive when
      digipeating? I have the squelch level set at 01, and it does not
      decode most of the stuff coming in. It only decodes high signals.
      Any ideas from anyone? Thanks for the help from all...

      Keri
      KB0YNA
      Mesa County S.A.R.C.
      Mesa County RACES DRO
      Mesa County Skywarn
    • P. Suryono Adisoemarta
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 27, 2007
        Run open squelch by turning the squelch button on the
        front panel all the way to the left?

        Paulus - N5SNN

        http://farechase.yahoo.com/
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 1, 2007
          Squelch shouldn't affect it at all. If you connect and use the INFO
          command, does it show a higher number for FCS than RX? That'll tell you
          if it's getting a lot of mangled packets.

          Also, are you watching the console to see what's received, or just
          listening to the digipeated traffic? Could be a configuration problem
          with the digipeating.

          It *should* have at least the sensitivity of a TAPR TNC2 class TNC.
          They're all tested in an actual DR-135T before shipping, but only with a
          fairly small set of sample packets.

          Scott