Re: [tracker2] Re: 1 wire wx station

    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 25, 2007
      No, that's really bizarre. I need to get my own station back up to do
      some testing.

      Scott

      Marc Archambault wrote:

      > I've had the station up for a couple days. The temperature and wind
      > speed appear to be accurate but the wind direction is completely off
      > when connected to the OT2.
      >
      > If I connect the TA8515 to my computer then I get accurate wind
      > directions.
      >
      > Look here: http://www.findu.com/cgi-bin/wxpage.cgi?call=CW8445&last=48
      > <http://www.findu.com/cgi-bin/wxpage.cgi?call=CW8445&last=48>
      >
      > It appears that the wind direction (as recorded by the OT2) slowly
      > does a 360 over time, locks into a heading for a day or so, then goes
      > back to a slow 360.
      >
      > Any idea?
      >
      > I noticed when calibrating the wind direction that I never had the
      > same wind direction reading when connected to a PC vs to the OT2. The
      > offset was between 20 and 90 degrees depending on the heading.
      >
      > Any progress with the TAI-8540 humidity sensor?
      >
      > Setup:
      > 5.5 W solar panel
      > 12VDC 9 Ah SLA battery
      > OpenTracker 2
      > Yaesu VX-2R
      > switching 6V regulator
      > Cushcraft A1483S 3 Element Yagi
      >
      > Thanks,
      >
      > Marc VE5MPA
      >
      > PS: If you can point me in the right direction (files??) I can
      > troubleshoot the code if it comes to that.

    • Joe Krout
      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 17, 2008
        Marc,
        I am considering putting togeather a 1-wire weather station and ran
        across your posts. Have you been able to resolve the wind direction
        and humidity problems you mentioned?

        Always looking for something else to try.

        73
        Joe
        W0PWJ

        --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, "Marc Archambault"