Re: [tracker2] OT2-135 quirks

    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 24, 2007
      With preemptive digipeating, it'll digipeat on a configured alias
      regardless of its position in the path, where normally it'd only take
      the next unused address. Say you've got a special digi network set up
      for search and rescue operations with the alias SAR - you can transmit
      with a path of WIDE2-2,SAR2-2 and if preemption is enabled on the SAR
      alias, it'll discard the WIDE2-2 portion and digipeat it using the SAR
      alias. The tracker can still be used in a normal WIDEn-N network when
      out of range of the SAR digis, but the SAR digis won't pick up WIDEn-N

      There's no preemption option on the intrinsic (mycall) alias, though I
      could probably force that to be active by default. As for how it works,
      the idea is that every T2 is, by default, a digi. If you're in a bad
      spot and need a digi to get out, you could identify a nearby T2 and use
      its callsign in your path. Likewise, the TEMPn-N alias is enabled by
      default for emergency and field day operations.

      Deviation, at full TXLEVEL setting, should be around 3.4 kHz. Each
      board is checked out on an actual DR-135T using an Agilent 8920A test
      set before being packed up.

      The T2-135 does have its own pre-emphasis circuit since the DR-135T
      transmits data flat, and (D700s aside) that's not the standard for APRS.
      It's a bit of a compromise, though, being less than the full 6 dB/octave.

      The bottom line is that you shouldn't ever have to adjust the deviation.
      If you do find it's out of spec, let me know, but so far I haven't
      heard of any problems.