Re: [tracker2] All-in-one T2

    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 18, 2007
      Catching up on email again...

      The commercial boards will do 136 to 162 MHz in 2.5 kHz steps.
      Transmitter attack time is under 15 ms. Current drain at 6 watts is a
      little over 2 amps. Receive current is about 80 mA.

      They're really not meant for high duty cycles - the PA starts heating up
      really fast. For testing, I've bolted a couple of the largest TO-220
      heatsinks I had on hand to the thing and it does much better - I don't
      have to worry about a software glitch locking it in transmit mode for 20
      seconds and cooking the board.

      Scott