Re: [tracker2] T2 and HamHUD

  • Stephen - K1LNX
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 14, 2007
      That sounds great. I hope it all works as planned for the small fortune I just dumped into everything I need lol. I have faith that it will :)

      Given the features of the HamHUD and T2-135, this makes an irresistible combo! I was looking at either doing this or getting a D700 or D710, well it's a no brainer to go with the HamHUD/T2 setup versus the latter, it's less money and does more.

      Looking forward to implementing it and I'll share my experiences with both groups :)

      73's
      Stephen
      K1LNX

      On 9/14/07, ka9mva <steve@...> wrote:

      Stephen - K1LNX said:

      >I'm in the process of building a tracker/HamHUD... setup for my car
      >and I had some general
      >questions concerning the T2-135 and Alinco DR-135T.

      Stephen,

      I monitor this list, as well as moderate the HamHUD list. This
      subject is near and dear to me as well, because I just bought a DR-
      135TP, and plan to put the T2-135 in it, and run it with my HamHUD.

      Stan and Scott are correct-- you will need to hook the GPS to the
      HamHUD. In this setup, the T2-135 won't be doing any
      SmartBeaconing -- the HamHUD will do all that, using the T2-135 as a
      KISS modem/TNC. The T2-135 will be able to act as a fill-in digi,
      though.

      Let me know if you have any problems with the HamHUD end of it.

      73,

      Steve Bragg KA9MVA
      'The HamHUD Guy'
      HamHUD Nichetronix, LLC