Re: [tracker2] Source code repository

  • Jon
    Message 1 of 12 , Sep 12, 2007
      Hi Scott/All,

      Scott, I've got several subversion repositorys running
      on the same machine through apache/webdav, it a piece
      of cake to set up (assuming you own the server).

      Feel free to ask any questons... or if your stuck, I
      can host it until you get something sorted out.

      de John
      EI7IG

      now.
      http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/
    • Tanner Lovelace
      Message 2 of 12 , Sep 19, 2007
        > Well, it's up there. The browser interface is a little flaky - you have
        > to hit refresh sometimes to see the files - but I think the docs said
        > something about that happening until it gets updated.
        >
        > So far, I like SVN a lot better than CVS. CVS was always a major
        > headache - I constantly had check-ins failing and getting out of sync,
        > and I was the only user. Some of that is probably SourceForge's fault.

        Scott,

        You're probably already set where you are, but I just wanted to mention
        that Google has code hosting at http://code.google.com/hosting/ and
        in addition to offering subversion they also defect tracking, and a
        project wiki. It seems pretty rock solid, is easy to use, and has very
        good built-in search capabilities. Just wanted to mention that as
        an option.

        Here's a couple of articles about Google Code Hosting that might
        be helpful that I found while searching about it:

        http://internetducttape.com/2006/07/28/google-code-project-hosting-a-replacement-for-sourceforge/
        http://internetducttape.com/2007/03/03/howto_google_code_hosting_subversion_tortoisesvn/

        Cheers,
        Tanner Lovelace
        KB4TYE
        --
        Tanner Lovelace
        kb4tye at arrl dot net
        Message 3 of 12 , Sep 19, 2007
          Freepository has defect tracking and a Wiki, too. I think I'll stick
          with it for now. I've looked at Google's offering before, but I forget
          why I decided against it.

          Scott