Re: status problems (in findu, too)

  • Chris Kantarjiev
    Message 1 of 21 , Sep 1, 2007
      > I'd say go ahead use a UI-View temporarily to monitor
      > the packets and do igating. See if there is a
      > difference.

      Not really an option for me, since the T2 is connected to a WRT. But I
      know other people are running into this problem, too, perhaps they can
      debug further with UI-View.
    • Chris Kantarjiev
      Message 2 of 21 , Sep 1, 2007
        > The X-digi has a few problems. The one I saw the most when running
        > it was it completely trashed the path of the packet it was repeating
        > every so often.

        Fair enough, but ... many many other packets get through this X-digi
        w/o being mangled.
      • P. Suryono Adisoemarta
        Message 3 of 21 , Sep 2, 2007
          --- Chris Kantarjiev <cak@...> wrote:

          > The setup here is that there's a WRT54 running
          > arps4r acting as
          > the digi/igate; it uses the T2 as a TNC. The T2
          > generates the
          > status packet directly; it gets digi'd by OKHRST,
          > and comes back
          > to be igate'd

          Ok, I was bored this afternoon so I thought I want to
          duplicate your problem on my T2 that is acting as a
          digi, TKUSIR.

          My T2 (actually a T2-135) is permanently installed as
          a digi, and also doing as a WX station. So I hook this
          board up to a ubuntu laptop running aprsd to do
          perform as an igate .

          The status packets from the T2 is digipeated by a
          Kenwood D700 then comes back to the T2 and gets
          igate'd.

          I see no trailing garbage on TKUSIR's status packets,
          unlike on yours.

          Yours:
          CDRVLY>APOT2A,TCPIP*,qAC,T2SPAIN:!3724.30N111937.46W#
          13.7V
          77F��������������������

          Mine:
          TKUSIR>APOT2A,YD0NXX-7*,qAR,TKUSIR:!0615.00S/10646.00E#
          00.9V 14C

          Hope that helps,

          73 de Paulus - N5SNN / YD0NXX

          Luggage? GPS? Comic books?
          Message 4 of 21 , Sep 18, 2007
            I haven't forgotten about this... do you have the config file for the
            unit so I can try to duplicate it?

            Scott

            Chris Kantarjiev wrote:

            > Scott and others looking at this,
            >
            > I'm out at CDRVLY this weekend, looking at the logs more carefully. I
            > still see problems in APRS-IS with garbage at the end of the OT2
            > status packets.
            >
            > The thing I notice, though, is that the garbage is there when the
            > status packet arrives to be igated!
            >
            > The setup here is that there's a WRT54 running arps4r acting as
            > the digi/igate; it uses the T2 as a TNC. The T2 generates the
            > status packet directly; it gets digi'd by OKHRST, and comes back
            > to be igate'd (there's a small problem in that pass, too, since
            > the igate seems to be stripping part of the digipath).
            >
            > When the packet arrives here, it already has a string of nulls
            > at the end, and the igate is passing that along faithfully.
            >
            > So ... that says to me that either the T2 is sending them, or,
            > perhaps, OKHRST doesn't quite like the packet. OKHRST is an X-Digi/TNC-X,
            > which adds another compontent to the puzzle :-)
            >
            > 73 de chris K6DBG

          • Chris Kantarjiev
            Message 5 of 21 , Nov 11, 2007
              For what it's worth ... upgrading to the latest firmware on 11.11.07
              seems to have made this go away!

              73,
              chris