Re: [tracker2] Re: status problems (in findu, too)

  • P. Suryono Adisoemarta
    Message 1 of 21 , Sep 1, 2007
      --- Chris Kantarjiev <cak@...> wrote:

      > Scott and others looking at this,
      >
      > I'm out at CDRVLY this weekend, looking at the logs
      > more carefully. I
      > still see problems in APRS-IS with garbage at the
      > end of the OT2
      > status packets.
      >
      > The thing I notice, though, is that the garbage is
      > there when the
      > status packet arrives to be igated!

      I'd say go ahead use a UI-View temporarily to monitor
      the packets and do igating. See if there is a
      difference.

      On my setup, I don't see any trailing garbage on the
      status packets recorded at findu, but the difference
      is I use a laptop running UI-View (or AGWUIdigi) to do
      the gating.

      Then you can tell whether it is actually a T2 problem
      or the other digi repeating your status packets.

      73 de Paulus - N5SNN / YD0NXX

    • Chris Kantarjiev
      Message 2 of 21 , Sep 1, 2007
        > I'd say go ahead use a UI-View temporarily to monitor
        > the packets and do igating. See if there is a
        > difference.

        Not really an option for me, since the T2 is connected to a WRT. But I
        know other people are running into this problem, too, perhaps they can
        debug further with UI-View.
      • Chris Kantarjiev
        Message 3 of 21 , Sep 1, 2007
          > The X-digi has a few problems. The one I saw the most when running
          > it was it completely trashed the path of the packet it was repeating
          > every so often.

          Fair enough, but ... many many other packets get through this X-digi
          w/o being mangled.
        • P. Suryono Adisoemarta
          Message 4 of 21 , Sep 2, 2007
            --- Chris Kantarjiev <cak@...> wrote:

            > The setup here is that there's a WRT54 running
            > arps4r acting as
            > the digi/igate; it uses the T2 as a TNC. The T2
            > generates the
            > status packet directly; it gets digi'd by OKHRST,
            > and comes back
            > to be igate'd

            Ok, I was bored this afternoon so I thought I want to
            duplicate your problem on my T2 that is acting as a
            digi, TKUSIR.

            My T2 (actually a T2-135) is permanently installed as
            a digi, and also doing as a WX station. So I hook this
            board up to a ubuntu laptop running aprsd to do
            perform as an igate .

            The status packets from the T2 is digipeated by a
            Kenwood D700 then comes back to the T2 and gets
            igate'd.

            I see no trailing garbage on TKUSIR's status packets,
            unlike on yours.

            Yours:
            CDRVLY>APOT2A,TCPIP*,qAC,T2SPAIN:!3724.30N111937.46W#
            13.7V
            77F��������������������

            Mine:
            TKUSIR>APOT2A,YD0NXX-7*,qAR,TKUSIR:!0615.00S/10646.00E#
            00.9V 14C

            Hope that helps,

            73 de Paulus - N5SNN / YD0NXX

            Luggage? GPS? Comic books?
            Message 5 of 21 , Sep 18, 2007
              I haven't forgotten about this... do you have the config file for the
              unit so I can try to duplicate it?

              Scott

              Chris Kantarjiev wrote:

              > Scott and others looking at this,
              >
              > I'm out at CDRVLY this weekend, looking at the logs more carefully. I
              > still see problems in APRS-IS with garbage at the end of the OT2
              > status packets.
              >
              > The thing I notice, though, is that the garbage is there when the
              > status packet arrives to be igated!
              >
              > The setup here is that there's a WRT54 running arps4r acting as
              > the digi/igate; it uses the T2 as a TNC. The T2 generates the
              > status packet directly; it gets digi'd by OKHRST, and comes back
              > to be igate'd (there's a small problem in that pass, too, since
              > the igate seems to be stripping part of the digipath).
              >
              > When the packet arrives here, it already has a string of nulls
              > at the end, and the igate is passing that along faithfully.
              >
              > So ... that says to me that either the T2 is sending them, or,
              > perhaps, OKHRST doesn't quite like the packet. OKHRST is an X-Digi/TNC-X,
              > which adds another compontent to the puzzle :-)
              >
              > 73 de chris K6DBG

            • Chris Kantarjiev
              Message 6 of 21 , Nov 11, 2007
                For what it's worth ... upgrading to the latest firmware on 11.11.07
                seems to have made this go away!

                73,
                chris