Re: [tracker2] Re: status problems (in findu, too)

  • Chris Kantarjiev
    Message 1 of 21 , Sep 1 9:16 AM
      Scott and others looking at this,

      I'm out at CDRVLY this weekend, looking at the logs more carefully. I
      still see problems in APRS-IS with garbage at the end of the OT2
      status packets.

      The thing I notice, though, is that the garbage is there when the
      status packet arrives to be igated!

      The setup here is that there's a WRT54 running arps4r acting as
      the digi/igate; it uses the T2 as a TNC. The T2 generates the
      status packet directly; it gets digi'd by OKHRST, and comes back
      to be igate'd (there's a small problem in that pass, too, since
      the igate seems to be stripping part of the digipath).

      When the packet arrives here, it already has a string of nulls
      at the end, and the igate is passing that along faithfully.

      So ... that says to me that either the T2 is sending them, or,
      perhaps, OKHRST doesn't quite like the packet. OKHRST is an X-Digi/TNC-X,
      which adds another compontent to the puzzle :-)

      73 de chris K6DBG
    • Jason Winningham
      Message 2 of 21 , Sep 1 10:07 AM
        On Sep 1, 2007, at 11:16 AM, Chris Kantarjiev wrote:

        > OKHRST is an X-Digi/TNC-X, which adds another compontent to the
        > puzzle :-)

        The X-digi has a few problems. The one I saw the most when running
        it was it completely trashed the path of the packet it was repeating
        every so often.

        -Jason
        kg4wsv
      • P. Suryono Adisoemarta
        Message 3 of 21 , Sep 1 6:05 PM
          --- Chris Kantarjiev <cak@...> wrote:

          > Scott and others looking at this,
          >
          > I'm out at CDRVLY this weekend, looking at the logs
          > more carefully. I
          > still see problems in APRS-IS with garbage at the
          > end of the OT2
          > status packets.
          >
          > The thing I notice, though, is that the garbage is
          > there when the
          > status packet arrives to be igated!

          I'd say go ahead use a UI-View temporarily to monitor
          the packets and do igating. See if there is a
          difference.

          On my setup, I don't see any trailing garbage on the
          status packets recorded at findu, but the difference
          is I use a laptop running UI-View (or AGWUIdigi) to do
          the gating.

          Then you can tell whether it is actually a T2 problem
          or the other digi repeating your status packets.

          73 de Paulus - N5SNN / YD0NXX

        • Chris Kantarjiev
          Message 4 of 21 , Sep 1 8:31 PM
            > I'd say go ahead use a UI-View temporarily to monitor
            > the packets and do igating. See if there is a
            > difference.

            Not really an option for me, since the T2 is connected to a WRT. But I
            know other people are running into this problem, too, perhaps they can
            debug further with UI-View.
          • Chris Kantarjiev
            Message 5 of 21 , Sep 1 8:32 PM
              > The X-digi has a few problems. The one I saw the most when running
              > it was it completely trashed the path of the packet it was repeating
              > every so often.

              Fair enough, but ... many many other packets get through this X-digi
              w/o being mangled.
            • P. Suryono Adisoemarta
              Message 6 of 21 , Sep 2 2:53 AM
                --- Chris Kantarjiev <cak@...> wrote:

                > The setup here is that there's a WRT54 running
                > arps4r acting as
                > the digi/igate; it uses the T2 as a TNC. The T2
                > generates the
                > status packet directly; it gets digi'd by OKHRST,
                > and comes back
                > to be igate'd

                Ok, I was bored this afternoon so I thought I want to
                duplicate your problem on my T2 that is acting as a
                digi, TKUSIR.

                My T2 (actually a T2-135) is permanently installed as
                a digi, and also doing as a WX station. So I hook this
                board up to a ubuntu laptop running aprsd to do
                perform as an igate .

                The status packets from the T2 is digipeated by a
                Kenwood D700 then comes back to the T2 and gets
                igate'd.

                I see no trailing garbage on TKUSIR's status packets,
                unlike on yours.

                Yours:
                CDRVLY>APOT2A,TCPIP*,qAC,T2SPAIN:!3724.30N111937.46W#
                13.7V
                77F��������������������

                Mine:
                TKUSIR>APOT2A,YD0NXX-7*,qAR,TKUSIR:!0615.00S/10646.00E#
                00.9V 14C

                Hope that helps,

                73 de Paulus - N5SNN / YD0NXX

                Luggage? GPS? Comic books?
                Message 7 of 21 , Sep 18 9:00 PM
                  I haven't forgotten about this... do you have the config file for the
                  unit so I can try to duplicate it?

                  Scott

                  Chris Kantarjiev wrote:

                  > Scott and others looking at this,
                  >
                  > I'm out at CDRVLY this weekend, looking at the logs more carefully. I
                  > still see problems in APRS-IS with garbage at the end of the OT2
                  > status packets.
                  >
                  > The thing I notice, though, is that the garbage is there when the
                  > status packet arrives to be igated!
                  >
                  > The setup here is that there's a WRT54 running arps4r acting as
                  > the digi/igate; it uses the T2 as a TNC. The T2 generates the
                  > status packet directly; it gets digi'd by OKHRST, and comes back
                  > to be igate'd (there's a small problem in that pass, too, since
                  > the igate seems to be stripping part of the digipath).
                  >
                  > When the packet arrives here, it already has a string of nulls
                  > at the end, and the igate is passing that along faithfully.
                  >
                  > So ... that says to me that either the T2 is sending them, or,
                  > perhaps, OKHRST doesn't quite like the packet. OKHRST is an X-Digi/TNC-X,
                  > which adds another compontent to the puzzle :-)
                  >
                  > 73 de chris K6DBG

                • Chris Kantarjiev
                  Message 8 of 21 , Nov 11, 2007
                    For what it's worth ... upgrading to the latest firmware on 11.11.07
                    seems to have made this go away!

                    73,
                    chris