RE: [tracker2] More tweaks

  • Heaton, Brad
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 16, 2006
      Mine arrived yesterday. Just now finished up the soldering. Now to go get soft/firmware. One question. Maybe I am just not as adept at electronics as I think I am but which way does D3 go? I didn't see a stripe on mine.

      It appears to be a reverse polarity protection diode so I am testing it without D3.

      I'll let you know how testing goes.

      -Brad

      ________________________________

      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 16, 2006
        --- scott@... wrote:

        > it
        > digis the packet first (if the channel is clear),
        > then passes it to the
        > host. Not sure if any other KISS TNCs do that or
        > not.

        Hmm, I'm not sure. My guess is no, because most TNCs,
        when in KISS mode are simply a modem and rely 100% on
        the master device ie. computer, PIC, whatever.

        > Still no configuration option for KISS or
        > digipeating, so if you want
        > updated versions of either, let me know. I'm not
        > going to post every update
        > to the website quite yet - maybe later, when more
        > people have actually got
        > their boards built.

        Cool.

        > Speaking of which, who HAS got their board built so
        > far?

        You already know mine is done and working, but for the
        record, yes I am up and going as of monday night.

        Jason KE4NYV
        www.ke4nyv.com
        RPC Electronics
        www.rpc-electronics.com
      • scott@opentrac.org
        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 16, 2006
          Whoops. I'll add that to the assembly list. It's not polarized - it's a
          bidirectional device. Eventually I'll probably ship it with a
          unidirectional TVS, which should protect it from reverse polarity, but this
          is what I had on hand. It'll conduct either direction if the voltage goes
          over 30 volts.

          The resettable fuse works, though - I've shorted things out a couple of
          times, and only managed to make it a little warm.

          Going to go upload the new instructions now...

          Scott

          _____

[...]

          Hobby
          <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Hobby+and+craft+supply&w1=Craft+hobby&w
          2=Hobby+and+craft+supply&w3=Ham+radio&c=3&s=60&.sig=VduRJqNqUo9QkUiTI-knAA>
          and craft supply Ham
          <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Ham+radio&w1=Craft+hobby&w2=Hobby+and+c
          raft+supply&w3=Ham+radio&c=3&s=60&.sig=sl_TRqZTiP_WHSLe6P3ybA> radio

          _____

          YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

          " on the web.

          <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

          _____

          Yahoo! Groups Links
        • Heaton, Brad
          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 16, 2006
            Thanks. I am used to diodes being unidirectional.

            I loaded up the basic firmware, plugged it into a Relm radio I had laying here and it got to findU first packet! DCSAR-5.
            Excellent.

            Need some sleep now. I will work on it again after work tomorrow. I'm going to try KISS with UI-View next I think.

            -Brad

            ________________________________

[...]

          • Brian B. Riley (N1BQ)
            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 17, 2006
              Mine hasn't arrived yet. I haven't been to the POo yet today though.

              Message 6 of 9 , Mar 17, 2006
                That *is* unusually slow for first-class mail. You're at 13801 - 168th St.
                NE, right?

                Scott

              • Curt, WE7U
                Message 7 of 9 , Mar 17, 2006
                  On Fri, 17 Mar 2006 scott@... wrote:

                  > That *is* unusually slow for first-class mail. You're at 13801 - 168th St.
                  > NE, right?

                  Yes, and the previous two packages you sent me, which were very
                  recent (last few weeks), got here within 2 or 3 days.