DeluoGPS to T2-135 / DR-135

  • James Jefferson Jarvis
    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 24, 2007
      Hi Guys,

      I bought from Scott a T2-135, a deluoGPS, and the gps to 3 pin stereo
      connector adapter. Can I just plug the adapter in to the front of the radio
      and the GPS into that? Or do I need to feed it power somehow?

      I have to say that installation of the T2-135 was a snap. It took less than 2
      minutes, including finding and opening the manual PDF.

      -Jim KB0THN
    • Jason Rausch
      Message 2 of 11 , Aug 24, 2007
        Jim, +5VDC power is provided through the stereo 1/8"
        jack. All you have to do is use the config utility to
        set it up and you'll be off and running.

        Jason KE4NYV
        RPC Electronics
        www.rpc-electronics.com

        Message 3 of 11 , Aug 24, 2007
          Yeah, it just plugs into the front. Alinco was smart enough to provide
          5 volt power on the data jack, unlike Kenwood. Only trouble is, it's
          input only, so you can't do waypoint output that way.

          Scott

          James Jefferson Jarvis wrote:

          > Hi Guys,
          >
          > I bought from Scott a T2-135, a deluoGPS, and the gps to 3 pin stereo
          > connector adapter. Can I just plug the adapter in to the front of the radio
          > and the GPS into that? Or do I need to feed it power somehow?
          >
          > I have to say that installation of the T2-135 was a snap. It took less
          > than 2
          > minutes, including finding and opening the manual PDF.
          >
          > -Jim KB0THN

        • James Jefferson Jarvis
          Message 4 of 11 , Aug 24, 2007
            Okay, GPS is plugged in and it doesn't blow up. Good!

            I'm getting the annoying pulsing hash on the speaker when in digital mode,
            even with the volume turned all of the way down.

            Not having any luck programming it, apparently. It says error verifying
            0xf400. I can control PTT from the tuning menu, so it's talking.

            Does it come pre-tuned from Scott? IE do I need to set the deviation or
            anything else?

            -Jim

            Message 5 of 11 , Aug 24, 2007
              Try turning off Turbo mode. That's been a problem occasionally.

              As for the digital hash on the speaker, that's a flaw in the radio.
              Easiest way to fix it is to plug in a 3.5mm plug in the speaker jack to
              mute it.

              Scott

              James Jefferson Jarvis wrote:

              > Okay, GPS is plugged in and it doesn't blow up. Good!
              >
              > I'm getting the annoying pulsing hash on the speaker when in digital mode,
              > even with the volume turned all of the way down.
              >
              > Not having any luck programming it, apparently. It says error verifying
              > 0xf400. I can control PTT from the tuning menu, so it's talking.
              >
              > Does it come pre-tuned from Scott? IE do I need to set the deviation or
              > anything else?
              >
              > -Jim
              >
              > On Friday 24 August 2007 09:56, Jason Rausch wrote:
              > > Jim, +5VDC power is provided through the stereo 1/8"
              > > jack. All you have to do is use the config utility to
              > > set it up and you'll be off and running.
              > >
              > > Jason KE4NYV
              > > RPC Electronics
              > > www.rpc-electronics.com
              > >
              > > --- James Jefferson Jarvis <jj@...
              > <mailto:jj%40aprsworld.net>> wrote:
              > > > Hi Guys,
              > > >
              > > > I bought from Scott a T2-135, a deluoGPS, and the
              > > > gps to 3 pin stereo
              > > > connector adapter. Can I just plug the adapter in to
              > > > the front of the radio
              > > > and the GPS into that? Or do I need to feed it power
              > > > somehow?
              > > >
              > > > I have to say that installation of the T2-135 was a
              > > > snap. It took less than 2
              > > > minutes, including finding and opening the manual
              > > > PDF.
              > > >
              > > > -Jim KB0THN
              > > >

              > > > Yahoo! Groups Links
              > >
              > > Yahoo! Groups Links

            • James Jefferson Jarvis
              Message 6 of 11 , Aug 24, 2007
                Turbo was the problem.

                Perhaps you should send a 3.5mm plug with the T2-135?

                Is the deviation set at the "factory"?

                Thanks,

                -James Jarvis

                Message 7 of 11 , Aug 24, 2007
                  > Perhaps you should send a 3.5mm plug with the T2-135?

                  Not a bad idea. Doesn't seem to be a problem with all units, though.

                  > Is the deviation set at the "factory"?

                  Yeah, should be around 3.2 to 3.4 kHz. It's still adjustable through
                  the TXLEVEL setting, but you shouldn't need to touch it.

                  Scott
                • ljs_hiho
                  Message 8 of 11 , Aug 24, 2007
                    The Alinco DR-135 sure does crackle when in Digital mode

                    Is it not a good idea to maintain radio design parameters when damping
                    out the speaker.

                    Rather than an open circuit by using an unconnected plug in the
                    speaker output, use a resistor/s with a value as close as possible to
                    the original radio speaker ohms of say 4R or 8R

                    If using an external speaker you can install a small switch to
                    alternate between the actual speaker or the resistor load!
                    John VK3LJS
                  • Clay Jackson
                    Message 9 of 11 , Aug 26, 2007
                      Look for KD7ULH-9 - just replaced an OT1 in my wife's rig with a T2-135.

                      I thought I had told it to quit transmitting voltage on the 2nd
                      config; I'll have a look at that tomorrow (have to drag the laptop
                      out to the car); but other than that it appears to be working just
                      fine - I have the same 'speaker pop' as everyone else, I just solved
                      it by turning the volume down :-).

                      My wife also complains that it occasionally de-senses the FM and
                      Satellite receivers in the car; but even that;s not too bad.

                      With the RadioShack GPS feeding that, our Garmin NUVI 350 and GPS in
                      each of our cell phones, I think we'll know where we are :-)

                      73! And thanks to Scott for some great products!

                      Clay, N7QNM
                    • Keith VE7GDH
                      Message 10 of 11 , Aug 28, 2007
                        Clay N7QNM wrote...

                        > I thought I had told it to quit transmitting voltage on the 2nd
                        > config; I'll have a look at that tomorrow (have to drag the laptop
                        > out to the car)...

                        If you put your callsign in the AUTHLIST, you could do that remotely via an
                        APRS message.

                        AUTHLIST +/-<callsign>

                        With the "authlist" out of the way, you could send a message to KD7ULH-9...

                        cmd VOLTAGE OFF

                        preceded by CMD CONFIG 1 (or 2) if you need to switch profiles first.

                        73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH
                        Message 11 of 11 , Sep 5, 2007
                          That's a good point. Maybe I can just provide the 3.5mm plugs with
                          appropriate resistors pre-installed inside.

                          Scott