Re: Peet Mode not working correctly

  • k0yg
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 13, 2007
      Hi Scott,

      I have been experimenting and have a bit more data on this issue. I
      found that if I type WXINFO and get bogus information and then unplug
      the Peet WX Station serial data from the T2, wait 5 seconds and plug
      it back in, it will start to report correct data. Once WXINFO is
      reporting correct information, then the T2 will start transmitting WX
      packets every 5 mintues like I have it programmed to do. Once it
      transmits, there is about a 50/50 chance that the next time I type
      WXINFO the data will be bad and I will need to start the unplug/plug
      process over again. Disconnecting/reconnecting that data makes it
      sync up, but it isn't reliable. Sometimes one time will do it,
      sometimes it takes up to 10 times to get it to sync up correctly.

      This leads me to believe that the T2 is getting lost parsing the data
      stream coming in from the Peet after a transmit. If I happen to plug
      it in at just the right time, it will sync up.

      The humidity reported starts out after power up correctly but once
      the data gets out of sync it starts reporting bogus numbers, or
      transmits zero - which gets intrepreted by Findu at 100%.

      Mark

      --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, "k0yg" <mpatton5280@...> wrote:

      > Hi Scott,
      >
      > Several months back we talked about about Peet mode not working
      > properly. It seems like most of the issues still remain in this
      > release. The humidity reporting problem *may* have gone away but I
      > did see it report a wrong humidity today - but only once. That
      issue
      > can wait until I get the others resolved. To summarize, here are
      the
      > issues that I'm seeing with the latest 54100 build:
      >
      > 1) Weather not being transmitted as programmed.
      > I have the T2 set to report weather every 5 minutes. Sometimes it
      > reports, most times it does not. I'll send the log in a private
      > email as not to clutter up the list. Basically, it reported
      weather
      > just once in an hour and status every 5 minutes (as it should).
      >
      > 2) Wind Gust missing
      > The 5 minute wind gust information is not being reported at all.
      It
      > is being reported as "..." even though Peet puts this out in the
      > stream.
      >
      > 3) WXINFO command reporting wrong data. I don't know for sure if
      > this command is supposed to be working now or not in this release.
      If