Re: T2-135 - lost functionality on DR135T mic

  • ranges_2001
    Message 1 of 19 , Aug 12, 2007
      I had a chance to check the remote operation with the T2-135 installed
      and removed today.

      The remote functions work the way they are supposed to with the T2-135
      board removed and the radio in VFO or memory mode, Digital off.

      With the T2-135 installed all functions are disabled except for the up
      down buttons and DTMF in VFO or memory mode, Digital off.

      Hope that helps!

      Randy Pence
      n4jzy

      Message 2 of 19 , Aug 12, 2007
        With digital OFF you're still seeing that? Mine doesn't do that. I'll
        try the other DR-135 I've got here. The T2-135 isn't even powered on
        when digital mode is off, and I was careful to keep the electrical
        connections to the radio the same as the EJ-41U, so I don't know what
        could be going on.

        Scott

        ranges_2001 wrote:

        > I had a chance to check the remote operation with the T2-135 installed
        > and removed today.
        >
        > The remote functions work the way they are supposed to with the T2-135
        > board removed and the radio in VFO or memory mode, Digital off.
        >
        > With the T2-135 installed all functions are disabled except for the up
        > down buttons and DTMF in VFO or memory mode, Digital off.
        >
        > Hope that helps!
        >
        > Randy Pence
        > n4jzy

        > "ranges_2001" <kd4jzy@...> wrote:
        > >
        > > Hello
        > >
        > > I noticed this week while on vacation my remote functions have stooped
        > > working also when digital is enabled or disabled. I will remove the
        > > T2-135 when I get in this weekend and see if the remote functions are
        > > enabled again.
        > >
        > > Randy
        > > n4jzy

        > "Keith VE7GDH" <ve7gdh@> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > I just received my T2-135 yesterday. It's installed and working,
        > but it
        > > > seems that I've lost functionality on the mic's "remote control"

      • Keith VE7GDH
        Message 3 of 19 , Aug 12, 2007
          Scott N1VG wrote...

          > With digital OFF you're still seeing that? Mine doesn't do that.

          That's correct. With the radio not in digital mode, the only remote
          functions that work with the T2-135 installed are the up/down buttons, and
          with the switches on the MIC in the right position, it will transmit DTMF
          tones. The only troubleshooting that I've tried so far was to take it out of
          digital mode, to not have any channel programmed to be in digital mode,
          swap mics with the other radio, and to actually remove the T2-135. With
          it removed, the remote functions didn't work with the radio in digital
          mode... even though no TNC was installed. Take out of digital mode,
          it was back to normal. With the T2-135 reinstalled, I lost the remote MIC
          functions again... except for up/down & DTMF.

          I haven't tried moving the T2-135 to the other radio yet. I'll do that as
          soon as the Federer / Djokovic match is finished. It's 7-6 for Novak
          Djokovic right now after going to a tie break. (Don't tell me the score...
          I'm 10 minutes behind!)

          73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH
        • ranges_2001
          Message 4 of 19 , Aug 12, 2007
            Hi Keith

            No big issues here ether. The remote functions are handy to have at
            your finger tips. I was ready to send the mike in for warranty repair
            when I got in and then I saw your post. Saved me a lot of trouble. I
            do have a MkII DR-135 about 11 months old. One of the last few left
            before the MkIII came out.

            Randy n4jzy

            > Thanks for the info. It sounds like it's not just my T2-135 that
            this is
            > affecting. I'm waiting to hear if Scott gets the same thing on his
            DR-135T.
            > When I removed the T2-135 last night, the MIC worked OK. When I
            "enabled
            > digital mode" even though there wasn't a TNC installed, the remote
            functions
            > quit working, but were OK again when it was taken out of digital mode.
            >
            > Is there anyone out there that has the Alinco's EJ-41U TNC? Do the
            MIC's
            > remote functions still work OK with that installed? Not the end of the
            > world, but it would sure be nice to be able to punch a new frequency
            using
            > the MIC, toggle to the VFO, hit the MON button, change the power,
            etc. as I
            > intend to use the radio for voice as well as APRS. Perhaps Scott can
            come up
            > with a fix unless the radio pulls the same stunt it with the stock TNC.
            >
            > 73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH

          • nj2e
            Message 5 of 19 , Aug 21, 2007
              It may have no bearing on the problem, but early vintage DR-135s have
              different microprocessors. I learned this after buying one on e-bay.
              It won't work with the newer programing mic. Don NJ2E
              Message 6 of 19 , Aug 21, 2007
                Interesting. I'll have to start collecting serial numbers and
                manufacture dates for the ones that are showing the weird mic symptoms,
                see if it's a design change they made at some point.

                Scott

                nj2e wrote:

                > It may have no bearing on the problem, but early vintage DR-135s have
                > different microprocessors. I learned this after buying one on e-bay.
                > It won't work with the newer programing mic. Don NJ2E
                >
                > __._,_.
              • Keith VE7GDH
                Message 7 of 19 , Aug 22, 2007
                  Scott N1VG wrote...

                  > Interesting. I'll have to start collecting serial numbers and
                  > manufacture dates for the ones that are showing the weird
                  > mic symptoms, see if it's a design change they made at
                  > some point.

                  I'll send you the serial numbers etc. direct for the two DR-135Ts that I've
                  tried the T2-135 in when I get a chance. If you have a T2-135 that has been
                  tested in your DR-135T and all of the MIC functions still work, I'll order it
                  from you.

                  73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH