Re: Firmware 54100

  • dondorgram
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 9, 2007
      Scott:

      I had raised the issue of portB mode settings not being correct in
      my OT2 with 54090 firmware. Looks like you corrected the problem
      with 54100 - really appreciated; however I also have encountered my
      unit dropping back into Auto mode from Garmin mode after operating a
      few days with no problems.

      I was also still having duplicate waypoints filling up my memory in
      my GPSMAP60, but that seems to have been corrected as well.

      Thanks.

      Graham Walker
      VE6GW

      > Ok, thanks for logging the bugs. I think the Garmin -> Auto thing
      might
      > be because of a feature that's there to break out of Garmin mode
      > manually. I think it was control-C's that did it. Maybe it needs
      > guard time, or some other change to make sure it doesn't happen
      > accidentally.
      >
      > I don't know if it's documented, but Garmin mode only supports
      hours,
      > minutes, and seconds because of the way time is represented. It'd
      take
      > too much math to get a Gregorian date out of it. I'm not sure if
      that's
      > the discrepancy you're talking about, but it's something to keep
      in mind.

      > Scott
      >
      > Mike Fenske wrote:
      > >

      > > Hello Scott. Just updated to the latest firmware and see that
      some bugs
      > > have been fixed, namely the MAXRANGE problem and the waypoint
      generation
      > > problem with Mic_E packets & NMEA mode.
      > >
      > > I did some more testing today with smartbeaconing in Garmin mode
      and am
      > > not seeing a beacon on course changes. Also noticed a
      discrepancy on the
      > > timestamp of packets when using Garmin mode. I have entered
      these
      > > problems in the bug tracker database.
      > >
      > > Also, every few days port B will switch from Garmin mode back to
      AUTO.