Re: [tracker2] 1 wire wx station

    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 6, 2007
      Which humidity sensor is it? I've only tested with one type.

      Scott

      va3ytr wrote:

      > I'm getting to ready to deploy a remote weather station:
      >
      > AAG 1 wire wx station
      > AAG humidity sensor
      > OpenTracker2 Proto C (build 54100)
      >
      > When I have just the weather station connected, all is good. If I I
      > connect the 1-wire humidity sensor then the OT seems to freeze after
      > about 30 seconds.
      >
      > The humidity sensor works fine with a PC.
      >
      > Any idea?
      >
      > Any chance of adding the 1-wire pressure sensor?
      >
      > Thanks,
      >
      > Marc VE5MPA

    • Marc Archambault
      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 7, 2007
        TAI-8540 (HIH 3610-A sensor from HONEYWELL)

        Marc

        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 9, 2007
          Are you plugging the humidity sensor into the 1-wire WX station? I had
          some trouble with wiring when I was testing - since the OT1m (and OT2m)
          was set up to use a cross-over type telephone cable, you couldn't plug
          the humidity unit directly in to it, but you could plug it in to the
          weather station.

          It's not suppose to lock up, in any case. I'll see which unit it was I
          tested.

          Can you do a devlist and send me the IDs with the humidity sensor connected?

          Scott

          Marc Archambault wrote:

          > TAI-8540 (HIH 3610-A sensor from HONEYWELL)
          >
          > Marc

          > Scott Miller <scott@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > Which humidity sensor is it? I've only tested with one type.
          > >
          > > Scott
          > >
          > > va3ytr wrote:
          > > >

          > > > I'm getting to ready to deploy a remote weather station:
          > > >
          > > > AAG 1 wire wx station
          > > > AAG humidity sensor
          > > > OpenTracker2 Proto C (build 54100)
          > > >
          > > > When I have just the weather station connected, all is good. If I
          > > > connect the 1-wire humidity sensor then the OT seems to freeze
          > after
          > > > about 30 seconds.
          > > >
          > > > The humidity sensor works fine with a PC.
          > > >
          > > > Any idea?
          > > >
          > > > Any chance of adding the 1-wire pressure sensor?
          > > >
          > > > Thanks,
          > > >
          > > > Marc VE5MPA

        • Marc Archambault
          Message 4 of 10 , Aug 12, 2007
            With only the wind instrument plugged-in:

            1-Wire Bus Scan:
            203DF400000000F1
            10A24A1B00080047
            1D13E40000000004

            When I plug the TAI08540 humdity into the weather instrument using a
            4 wire straight through ...

            1-Wire Bus Scan:
            203DF400000000F1
            10A24A1B00080047
            Unknown error

            When I plug the TAI 08540 into the weather inst using a 2 wire
            straight through ...

            cmd:devlist
            1-Wire Bus Scan:
            203DF400000000F1
            10A24A1B00080047
            265DD5A3000000A8
            1D13E40000000004
            cmd:wxinfo
            TEMP:72 WIND 337 AT 0 GUST 0 *

            Why is it that I plug the humidity sensor with a standard telco wire
            (cross pin 1 & 4) directly into the OT2, I get the following error
            (and shortly after the OT2 freezes):

            cmd:devlist
            1-Wire Bus Scan:
            Bus Error

            Ideally, I should be able to plug the humidity sensor into the
            OpenTracker2 (using 4 wire crossover on 1 & 4) and then plug the
            weather instrument into the humidity sensor ... I'll play around with
            cabling a bit more, maybe I'm missing something here....

            Cheers, Marc

            VE5MPA / CW8445

            > Are you plugging the humidity sensor into the 1-wire WX station? I
            had
            > some trouble with wiring when I was testing - since the OT1m (and
            OT2m)
            > was set up to use a cross-over type telephone cable, you couldn't
            plug
            > the humidity unit directly in to it, but you could plug it in to
            the
            > weather station.
            >
            > It's not suppose to lock up, in any case. I'll see which unit it
            was I
            > tested.
            >
            > Can you do a devlist and send me the IDs with the humidity sensor
            connected?

            > Scott
            >
            > Marc Archambault wrote:
            > >

            > > TAI-8540 (HIH 3610-A sensor from HONEYWELL)
            > >
            > > Marc
            > >
            > > --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com
            <mailto:tracker2%40yahoogroups.com>,

            Message 5 of 10 , Aug 12, 2007
              I configured the RJ12 port on the T2 so that you could use standard
              (twisted) telephone cable to connect the 1-wire station. But at least
              the humidity sensor I've got on hand here is wired straight through (it
              has an integrated cable), so you can't plug it in directly. You can
              plug it in to the wind instrument and it'll work, though.

              When the bus scan shows the humidity sensor, does the humidity show up
              properly in the weather packet?

              Scott

              Marc Archambault wrote:

              > With only the wind instrument plugged-in:
              >
              > 1-Wire Bus Scan:
              > 203DF400000000F1
              > 10A24A1B00080047
              > 1D13E40000000004
              >
              > When I plug the TAI08540 humdity into the weather instrument using a
              > 4 wire straight through ...
              >
              > 1-Wire Bus Scan:
              > 203DF400000000F1
              > 10A24A1B00080047
              > Unknown error
              >
              > When I plug the TAI 08540 into the weather inst using a 2 wire
              > straight through ...
              >
              > cmd:devlist
              > 1-Wire Bus Scan:
              > 203DF400000000F1
              > 10A24A1B00080047
              > 265DD5A3000000A8
              > 1D13E40000000004
              > cmd:wxinfo
              > TEMP:72 WIND 337 AT 0 GUST 0 *
              >
              > Why is it that I plug the humidity sensor with a standard telco wire
              > (cross pin 1 & 4) directly into the OT2, I get the following error
              > (and shortly after the OT2 freezes):
              >
              > cmd:devlist
              > 1-Wire Bus Scan:
              > Bus Error
              >
              > Ideally, I should be able to plug the humidity sensor into the
              > OpenTracker2 (using 4 wire crossover on 1 & 4) and then plug the
              > weather instrument into the humidity sensor ... I'll play around with
              > cabling a bit more, maybe I'm missing something here....
              >
              > Cheers, Marc
              >
              > VE5MPA / CW8445

              > Scott Miller <scott@...> wrote:
              > >
              > > Are you plugging the humidity sensor into the 1-wire WX station? I
              > had
              > > some trouble with wiring when I was testing - since the OT1m (and
              > OT2m)
              > > was set up to use a cross-over type telephone cable, you couldn't
              > plug
              > > the humidity unit directly in to it, but you could plug it in to
              > the
              > > weather station.
              > >
              > > It's not suppose to lock up, in any case. I'll see which unit it
              > was I
              > > tested.
              > >
              > > Can you do a devlist and send me the IDs with the humidity sensor
              > connected?
              > >
              > > Scott
              > >
              > > Marc Archambault wrote:
              > > >

              > > > TAI-8540 (HIH 3610-A sensor from HONEYWELL)
              > > >
              > > > Marc
              > > >
              > > > --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com <mailto:tracker2%40yahoogroups.com>
              > <mailto:tracker2%40yahoogroups.com>,

              > If I
              > freeze
              > > > after

            • Marc Archambault
              Message 6 of 10 , Aug 12, 2007
                I managed to get everything plugged in the order I wanted:
                OT2 --- TAI 8540 Humidity --- TAI 8515 Wind instrument

                I'm now using a 2 wire pair. Crossover from the OT2 to the humidity
                sensor, then straight through to the wind instrument.

                cmd:devlist
                1-Wire Bus Scan:
                203DF400000000F1
                10A24A1B00080047
                265DD5A3000000A8
                1D13E40000000004
                cmd:wxinfo
                TEMP:75 WIND 22 AT 0 GUST 0 *

                But not humidity info.

                With only the humidity sensor plugged-in, I still don't get humidity
                data ...

                cmd:devlist
                1-Wire Bus Scan:
                265DD5A3000000A8
                cmd:wxinfo
                *

                Marc

                > I configured the RJ12 port on the T2 so that you could use standard
                > (twisted) telephone cable to connect the 1-wire station. But at
                least
                > the humidity sensor I've got on hand here is wired straight through
                (it
                > has an integrated cable), so you can't plug it in directly. You
                can
                > plug it in to the wind instrument and it'll work, though.
                >
                > When the bus scan shows the humidity sensor, does the humidity show
                up
                > properly in the weather packet?
                >
                > Scott

              • Marc Archambault
                Message 7 of 10 , Sep 25, 2007
                  I've had the station up for a couple days. The temperature and wind
                  speed appear to be accurate but the wind direction is completely off
                  when connected to the OT2.

                  If I connect the TA8515 to my computer then I get accurate wind
                  directions.

                  Look here: http://www.findu.com/cgi-bin/wxpage.cgi?call=CW8445&last=48

                  It appears that the wind direction (as recorded by the OT2) slowly
                  does a 360 over time, locks into a heading for a day or so, then goes
                  back to a slow 360.

                  Any idea?

                  I noticed when calibrating the wind direction that I never had the
                  same wind direction reading when connected to a PC vs to the OT2. The
                  offset was between 20 and 90 degrees depending on the heading.

                  Any progress with the TAI-8540 humidity sensor?

                  Setup:
                  5.5 W solar panel
                  12VDC 9 Ah SLA battery
                  OpenTracker 2
                  Yaesu VX-2R
                  switching 6V regulator
                  Cushcraft A1483S 3 Element Yagi

                  Thanks,

                  Marc VE5MPA

                  PS: If you can point me in the right direction (files??) I can
                  troubleshoot the code if it comes to that.
                  Message 8 of 10 , Sep 25, 2007
                    No, that's really bizarre. I need to get my own station back up to do
                    some testing.

                    Scott

                    Marc Archambault wrote:

                    > I've had the station up for a couple days. The temperature and wind
                    > speed appear to be accurate but the wind direction is completely off
                    > when connected to the OT2.
                    >
                    > If I connect the TA8515 to my computer then I get accurate wind
                    > directions.
                    >
                    > Look here: http://www.findu.com/cgi-bin/wxpage.cgi?call=CW8445&last=48
                    > <http://www.findu.com/cgi-bin/wxpage.cgi?call=CW8445&last=48>
                    >
                    > It appears that the wind direction (as recorded by the OT2) slowly
                    > does a 360 over time, locks into a heading for a day or so, then goes
                    > back to a slow 360.
                    >
                    > Any idea?
                    >
                    > I noticed when calibrating the wind direction that I never had the
                    > same wind direction reading when connected to a PC vs to the OT2. The
                    > offset was between 20 and 90 degrees depending on the heading.
                    >
                    > Any progress with the TAI-8540 humidity sensor?
                    >
                    > Setup:
                    > 5.5 W solar panel
                    > 12VDC 9 Ah SLA battery
                    > OpenTracker 2
                    > Yaesu VX-2R
                    > switching 6V regulator
                    > Cushcraft A1483S 3 Element Yagi
                    >
                    > Thanks,
                    >
                    > Marc VE5MPA
                    >
                    > PS: If you can point me in the right direction (files??) I can
                    > troubleshoot the code if it comes to that.

                  • Joe Krout
                    Message 9 of 10 , Jun 17, 2008
                      Marc,
                      I am considering putting togeather a 1-wire weather station and ran
                      across your posts. Have you been able to resolve the wind direction
                      and humidity problems you mentioned?

                      Always looking for something else to try.

                      73
                      Joe
                      W0PWJ

                      --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, "Marc Archambault"