OT2 and APRS/CE

  • g4hyg
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 6, 2007
      Hi,

      Has anyone written or modified an APRS/CE TNC file for the OT2?

      If not I'll have a go at writing one.

      73,

      Chris, G4HYG
    • g4hyg
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 18, 2007
        I've got APRS/CE working well with an OT2 using the following TNC file:

        [aprsce-tnc-file:Open Tracker 2]

        [init]
        CONFIG 1
        DIGI OFF
        MONITOR ON
        INTERVAL 0
        AMODE AUTO

        [restore]
        CONFIG 1
        DIGI ON
        INTERVAL 1800
        AMODE AUTO

        This opens and closes the OT2 correctly when APRS/CE opens and closes.
        The APRS/CE Setup Communications are set as Comm.Port COM1, Baud Rate
        9600, Data bits 8, Parity None, Stop bit 1, TNC Type Open Tracker 2.
        If you want to use the OT2 as a digi then change DIGI OFF to DIGI ON
        in the [init] section.

        73,

        Chris, G4HYG

        --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, "g4hyg" <chrism@...> wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > Has anyone written or modified an APRS/CE TNC file for the OT2?
        >
        > If not I'll have a go at writing one.
        >
        > 73,
        >
        > Chris, G4HYG

      • g4hyg
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 18, 2007
          Scott,

          I've added the OT2.TNC file to the Files section.

          73,

          Chris, G4HYG

          --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, "g4hyg" <chrism@...> wrote:

          > I've got APRS/CE working well with an OT2 using the following TNC file:
          >

          > [aprsce-tnc-file:Open Tracker 2]
          >
          > [init]
          > CONFIG 1
          > DIGI OFF
          > MONITOR ON
          > INTERVAL 0
          > AMODE AUTO
          >

          > [restore]
          > CONFIG 1
          > DIGI ON
          > INTERVAL 1800
          > AMODE AUTO
          >

          > This opens and closes the OT2 correctly when APRS/CE opens and closes.
          > The APRS/CE Setup Communications are set as Comm.Port COM1, Baud Rate
          > 9600, Data bits 8, Parity None, Stop bit 1, TNC Type Open Tracker 2.
          > If you want to use the OT2 as a digi then change DIGI OFF to DIGI ON
          > in the [init] section.
          >
          > 73,
          >
          > Chris, G4HYG
          >

          > --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, "g4hyg" <chrism@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Hi,
          > >
          > > Has anyone written or modified an APRS/CE TNC file for the OT2?
          > >
          > > If not I'll have a go at writing one.
          > >
          > > 73,
          > >
          > > Chris, G4HYG

        • Keith VE7GDH
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 19, 2007
            Chris G4HYG wrote...

            > If you want to use the OT2 as a digi then change DIGI OFF to DIGI ON
            > in the [init] section.

            Just a comment that DIGI ON / OFF is "digi on MYCALL on / off". It doesn't
            just turn all digipeating on or off. See USEALIAS <n> ON / OFF to turn on or
            off digipeating on what is specified on ALIAS <n> <callsign>

            Of course, you could have all of that set up in CONFIG 1 / 2.

            73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH
          • g4hyg
            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 28, 2007
              Thanks, Keith.

              That helps clear my confusion. I had already set up digipeating in
              config 1 / 2 on my setup.

              It's probably best then for a new APRS-CE user to set up digipeating
              in config 1 / 2 and then use the TNC file with the DIGI line changed
              to ON.

              73,

              Chris G4HYG