Re: [tracker2] Re: Garmin Timestamp

    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 6, 2007
      Done. Knew I was forgetting something!

      The real issue with the Garmin time bug is that it throws off
      timeslotting. If it weren't for that, I wouldn't worry too much about it.

      Scott

      > I logged it yesterday. Just a thought, but maybe you could add another
      > field to the database to record who reported the bug. That way, if you
      > need more information, you know who to contact.
    • dondorgram
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 9, 2007
        Scott:

        I had raised the issue of portB mode settings not being correct in
        my OT2 with 54090 firmware. Looks like you corrected the problem
        with 54100 - really appreciated; however I also have encountered my
        unit dropping back into Auto mode from Garmin mode after operating a
        few days with no problems.

        I was also still having duplicate waypoints filling up my memory in
        my GPSMAP60, but that seems to have been corrected as well.

        Thanks.

        Graham Walker
        VE6GW

        > Ok, thanks for logging the bugs. I think the Garmin -> Auto thing
        might
        > be because of a feature that's there to break out of Garmin mode
        > manually. I think it was control-C's that did it. Maybe it needs
        > guard time, or some other change to make sure it doesn't happen
        > accidentally.
        >
        > I don't know if it's documented, but Garmin mode only supports
        hours,
        > minutes, and seconds because of the way time is represented. It'd
        take
        > too much math to get a Gregorian date out of it. I'm not sure if
        that's
        > the discrepancy you're talking about, but it's something to keep
        in mind.

        > Scott
        >
        > Mike Fenske wrote:
        > >

        > > Hello Scott. Just updated to the latest firmware and see that
        some bugs
        > > have been fixed, namely the MAXRANGE problem and the waypoint
        generation
        > > problem with Mic_E packets & NMEA mode.
        > >
        > > I did some more testing today with smartbeaconing in Garmin mode
        and am
        > > not seeing a beacon on course changes. Also noticed a
        discrepancy on the
        > > timestamp of packets when using Garmin mode. I have entered
        these
        > > problems in the bug tracker database.
        > >
        > > Also, every few days port B will switch from Garmin mode back to
        AUTO.