otwincfg.exe updated

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 5, 2007
      I just posted an updated version of the config program that addresses a
      problem with the serial port modes not showing up correctly. Somehow
      the list boxes got the 'sort' option enabled, so they were alphabetizing
      the modes and scrambling the settings.

      I've also been doing some more testing with Proto E. In fact I'm a
      little bleary-eyed from all the SMT soldering for this batch, but
      they're working well. I'm making some component value changes, mostly
      to reduce the number of different values needed.

      At some point in the near future, the firmware will start to diverge a
      little from the Proto C hardware. For one, the voltage divider for the
      on-board voltage measurement will change, so voltage readings will be
      wrong unless you swap out the 20k resistor for a 30k. Also, there are
      two extra LEDs on the new board, so the blink signals will change.

      For now, I expect I'll keep the old code in a separate target, so I can
      compile versions for Proto C and earlier and Proto D and later and make
      them both available.

      The config program won't know the difference, though, so the voltage
      reading in the diagnostics screen will be wrong after I make the update
      unless you change the resistor value.