getting in and out of KISS mode

  • Chris Kantarjiev
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 20, 2007
      My OT2 is doing something a bit odd. I've been using it as a KISS-mode
      TNC, and it works just fine, except after a power cycle, when it seems
      to come up trying to find the config program. Sometimes I can hit
      several ^C and get to a cmd: prompt; sometimes I have to power cycle
      and reset the terminal port and power cycle and ... then get to
      cmd: and type AMODE KISS

      Except that I'm not sure the typing does any good. It doesn't
      respond to CR, and I can't actually get any commands to execute
      from microcom. It's apparently some oddity of that computer and
      serial setup, because I can execute commands just fine from another
      setup (anybody have an idea about this? I'm a microcom newbie).

      (Hmm. Maybe I wasn't really in AMODE KISS mode, just AMODE auto, all along.)

      It sure would be nice if there was clear documentation somewhere
      about getting in and out, especially out, of KISS mode.

      This is build 54076 ... how far out of date am I? :-)

      73 de chris K6DBG