RE: [tracker2] Re: Hyper Terminal not playing

  • 'Scott Miller'
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 5, 2007
      Anyone know of a good freeware terminal program for Windows that I could link to, and maybe include on my driver CDs?  I use SecureCRT myself, but it's not free and has export restrictions.

      Scott

      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 5, 2007
        At 10:35 AM 2007-07-05 -0700, you wrote:

        Anyone know of a good freeware terminal program for Windows that I could link to, and maybe include on my driver CDs?  I use SecureCRT myself, but it's not free and has export restrictions.

        No idea how good it is but I see Hypernet at http://sourceforge.net/projects/hypernet/    Open source.

        Tony
        Message 3 of 11 , Jul 5, 2007

          >Anyone know of a good freeware terminal program for Windows that I could link
          >to, and maybe include on my driver CDs? I use SecureCRT myself, but it's not
          >free and has export restrictions.

          I use TeraTerm. It has been stable since 1998, and still works
          great... It is a free program that is copyrightten by the author, but
          is can be distributed for free. Copyright information is available in
          the source code.

          http://hp.vector.co.jp/authors/VA002416/teraterm.html

          NOTICE
          ~~~~~~
          There is no warranty for damages caused by using this package.

          Without written permission by the author (Takashi Teranishi), you may
          not distribute modified versions of this package, and may not distribute
          this package for profit.

          You may not copy any file, module, subroutine and resource
          in this package to create commercial products (including sharewares),
          without written permission by the author.

          If you want to distribute modified versions of Tera Term widely,
          you need also the permission.

          Message 4 of 11 , Jul 5, 2007
            > copyrightten

            Ugg... where did that come from???

            James
          • 'Scott Miller'
            Message 5 of 11 , Jul 5, 2007
              I'll keep that one in mind.  Does it do XMODEM?  Has anyone tried it with the T2's firmware upload command?

              Scott

              Message 6 of 11 , Jul 5, 2007

                > I'll keep that one in mind. Does it do XMODEM? Has anyone tried it with the
                > T2's firmware upload command?

                KERMIT
                XMODEM
                ZMODEM
                B-Plus
                Quick-VAN

                Plus plain old text transfer with intercharacter and interline timing control.

                I haven't tried sending firmware from TeraTerm.

                It's a quick and easy download. No silly files installed all over the
                hard drive, everything is in one simple directory, just double click
                the executable. You have to set up a Start Menu icon for it manually
                if you want that to happen.