Re: [tracker2] Feature Request

  • Mike Fenske
    Message 1 of 18 , Jul 4, 2007
      Not sure how much extra work it would be (or code space), but would it be possible to have the Tracker2 generate NMEA sentences if the GPS were in Garmin mode?
      i.e. if the GPS were connected to port b in Garmin mode, NMEA sentences come out on port a.

      The only sentence really needed would be $GPRMC.

      Mike Fenske
      VE7MKF

      Bob Burns W9RXR wrote:
      > At 07:30 PM 7/2/2007, 'Scott Miller' wrote:
      >> I was just looking at that today, actually. Maybe a PASSTHRU command?
      >
      > Sounds good. Though it would require an update to OTWinCfg to make
      > the new feature complete. <grin>
      >
      > Speaking of which, do you plan to provide access to the NICE command
      > from OTWinCfg?
      >
      >> Do you want it to blindly pass everything that comes in, or use
      >> that port switching scheme?
    • Chris Kantarjiev
      Message 2 of 18 , Jul 5, 2007
        I've been asking Scott for this for a while now; I'm glad someone else
        is asking, too :-)

        I think that the nice way to do this is to increase the number
        of beacon text/path/timing possibilities to at least match what
        the KPC3+ can do. This is how those objects are being displayed
        in other digis.

        PASSTHRU for weather/status data on the KISS channel would
        be *awesome*. That would make pushing that data out via the
        attached IGATE very simple (in my setup).

        73 de chris K6DBG
      • Jason Winningham
        Message 3 of 18 , Jul 6, 2007
          On Jul 3, 2007, at 4:21 AM, Jon wrote:

          > Anyone on this list going to Huntsville for either the
          > GAREC conference or the hamfest?

          I'll be at the hamfest, not sure about others. Since I live here,
          it's not a lot of trouble for me to get to this one.

          Scott, will you have a table at the hamfest / expo? I have no idea
          if the ARRL is as big a deal as, say, Dayton.

          One of these days I may even join ARRL...

          -Jason
          kg4wsv
        • 'Scott Miller'
          Message 4 of 18 , Jul 6, 2007
            I *might* go to the SW division convention.  At least that one's pretty close to home.  But it's 1/2 the price of Dayton for about 1/8 the traffic, so I'm not sure about it being a particularly profitable venue.  I'll be at DCC in Hartford, but other than that I have no definite plans until Dayton next year.

            I'll be in Cincinnati next week - hopefully my last trip there for the summer, but who knows.

            Scott

            Message 5 of 18 , Jul 7, 2007
              I thought of that, and I think it might still be on my feature list somewhere.  I don't think it'd be *too* difficult, since it's already doing a bunch of math to get stuff into APRS format, which has always been tied closely to NMEA.  Man, I wish this thing had another 128k of flash.  =]

              Scott