T2-135 boards available

  • 'Scott Miller'
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 30, 2007
      I've got a few more T2-135's available at
      https://www.argentdata.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=55. The
      price has gone up a bit as I've gotten a better estimate of production and
      packaging costs. At $75 it's still about 40% cheaper than the EJ-41U's
      street price (and half the MSRP, if I recall).

      Mass production is still on hold for a bit as I try to figure out why some
      of the oscillators never work. The problem seems to be specific to the
      little SMT crystals I've been using - so far, every time I've substituted a
      cylinder type crystal it's worked fine. I'll be in touch with the crystal
      manufacturer after the holiday to see if they've got any suggestions, but I
      suspect it's going to be better to switch to a different crystal. This
      particular part was selected when I was designing for the little Serpac C6
      enclosure, but the T2-135 has a lot more board space to spare.

      So anyway, a few of the boards look different because they've got cylinder
      type crystals on them. They're functionally identical. And the good news
      is that I've never had one fail after passing initial checkout - they either
      work right off or they don't work at all, so reliability of the board isn't
      affected.

      Scott
    • Luis
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 30, 2007
        Hi Scott.

        This modulo run with Alinco DR-620 ou DR-635? or It's for DR-135 only?

        Thank's advanced for your information.
      • 'Scott Miller'
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 30, 2007
          DR-135, -235, and -435.  The -635 is different, and I haven't built a board for it yet.  Mostly because I figure if you're going to spend a bunch of money on a dual band APRS rig, you're probably going to get a TM-D700.

          Scott

          This modulo run with Alinco DR-620 ou DR-635? or It's for DR-135 only?

          Thank's advanced for your information.

        • Chris Kantarjiev
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 4, 2007

            > DR-135, -235, and -435. The -635 is different, and I haven't built a board
            > for it yet. Mostly because I figure if you're going to spend a bunch of
            > money on a dual band APRS rig, you're probably going to get a TM-D700.

            I dunno. A -635 with T2 seems like an ideal rig to run a HamHUD :-)

            73 de chris K6DBG