RE: [tracker2] Smartbeaconing settings T2-135

  • 'Scott Miller'
    Message 1 of 18 , Jun 18, 2007
      There's a lot of that base 2 integer math in there.  The discriminator for the OT1+ is just a bunch of shifts and adds.  The arctangent function uses floating point, but it still cheats with a lookup table and multisegment linear approximation.  Makes me wish I'd paid attention in math class.  Of course, when I wasn't paying attention in math class it was usually because I was sketching out embedded system designs in my notebook...

      Anyway, it's these issues with unit conversion that have kept me from implementing the profile switch configuration in the command line interface.  Someday soon I'm going to  have to figure out how I want to do that.

      Scott

      Message 2 of 18 , Jun 23, 2007
        At 03:11 PM 6/18/2007, 'Scott Miller' wrote:
        >I updated the manual and included the conversion factors and added a table.

        Where have you posted this revised manual?

        Bob...
      • Keri Morgret
        Message 3 of 18 , Jun 23, 2007
          I don't know where Scott posted it, but a FYI that he's been out of
          town without his computer for a couple of days. He'll be back later
          today, but might be a little buried in email. But it was worth it, if
          I can speak for him -- readers in Silicon Valley will know what I'm
          talking about when I saw we went over to the Geek Golden Triangle
          area in Sunnyvale. Halted, Weird Stuff, Action Computers, Fry's, and
          HRO. And missed a couple of other places only because they had already closed.

          Have a great field day everyone.

          Keri

          At 09:18 AM 6/23/2007, you wrote:
          >At 03:11 PM 6/18/2007, 'Scott Miller' wrote:
          > >I updated the manual and included the conversion factors and added a table.
          >
          >Where have you posted this revised manual?
          >
          >Bob...
        • Keith VE7GDH
          Message 4 of 18 , Jun 23, 2007
            Bob W9RXR wrote...

            > Where have you posted this revised manual?

            Is it the T2-135 manual that you are looking for? Scott referred to a table
            and conversion factors which seem to appear in this manual.
            www.n1vg.net/opentracker/t2-135_manual.pdf

            73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH
          • Bob Burns W9RXR
            Message 5 of 18 , Jun 23, 2007
              At 05:00 PM 6/23/2007, Keith VE7GDH wrote:

              >Is it the T2-135 manual that you are looking for? Scott referred to
              >a table and conversion factors which seem to appear in this manual.
              >www.n1vg.net/opentracker/t2-135_manual.pdf

              Thanks, Keith. That is a more current manual than the one I had.

              Bob...