RE: [tracker2] T2-135 lessons being learned

  • 'Scott Miller'
    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 5, 2007
      I just posted the T2-135 schematic to the files section.

      Thanks to a flaw in the DR-135, you should be able to hear a bit of
      crosstalk on the speaker when there's GPS data present on the front-panel
      jack. That's the easiest way to tell if your connection is good.

      Scott

    • Roland
      Message 2 of 11 , Oct 6, 2007
        Hello,

        From the post below, I understand I can connect a GPS to the DB9-port
        at the backside of the Alinco DR-135. But, what's the pinout of it? I
        connect the GPS to the mike-connector at the frontside to get 5 Volt
        of power. But, the TX-data from the GPS must into the DR-135. How can
        I do this, on wich pin of the DB9 connector must I connect the TXD of
        the GPS?

        I hope anybody can help me with this...

        73's,

        Roland, PD2RLD, Netherlands.

        --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, "'Scott Miller'" <scott@...> wrote:

        > I just posted the T2-135 schematic to the files section.
        >
        > Thanks to a flaw in the DR-135, you should be able to hear a bit of
        > crosstalk on the speaker when there's GPS data present on the front-
        panel
        > jack. That's the easiest way to tell if your connection is good.
        >
        > Scott

      • P. Suryono Adisoemarta
        Message 3 of 11 , Oct 6, 2007
          Pin 3 is data input to the radio (TXD from GPS)
          Pin 8 might have 5 volt for your GPS
          Pin 5 is ground

          Paulus - N5SNN / YD0XNN

          === message truncated ===

          http://tv.yahoo.com/
        • Roland
          Message 4 of 11 , Oct 6, 2007
            Thank you Paulus for the quick answer, it works.

            I have only one problem. The power on the jack on the front isn't
            enough for my GPS. So, I want to use the power from pin8 of the DB9
            connector, but that's also not enough. In the manual of the Alinco I
            found the pinout of the mike-connector, and, there is also 5 Volt on
            it. Pin 8 is ground and pin 5 is +5 Volt. My GPS works on this 5
            Volt, but...

            If the Alinco sends a beacon, the modulation is very bad. Something
            strange tones are hearable on the transmitted audio. I think it is a
            intermodulation of the GPS.

            I have now unplugged the power of the GPS and I use a 5 Volt battery.
            If I connect now the TXD on the DB9 connector, the transmitted audio
            sounds normal.

            Does anyone have this problem too, and how can I fix this, or is
            there no solution for this problem?

            I hope (again) someone can help me..

            73's, Roland, PD2RLD.

            --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, "P. Suryono Adisoemarta"