Re: [tracker2] T2-135 lessons being learned

  • Bruce W. Martin, KQ4TV
    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 4, 2007
      Well it would seem that there is something wrong with the "GPS"
      serial port that is connected to the front of the DR-135.
      I can hook up a GPS to the console (back) serial port and get the
      tracker to work.
      Any suggestions for what to check?
      Scott, can you post a schematic and/or board layouts to assist
      troubleshooting this problem?

      Bruce, KQ4TV

      --
      Bruce W. Martin, KQ4TV
      8749 Lebanon Rd.
      Message 2 of 11 , Jun 5, 2007
        I just posted the T2-135 schematic to the files section.

        Thanks to a flaw in the DR-135, you should be able to hear a bit of
        crosstalk on the speaker when there's GPS data present on the front-panel
        jack. That's the easiest way to tell if your connection is good.

        Scott

      • Roland
        Message 3 of 11 , Oct 6, 2007
          Hello,

          From the post below, I understand I can connect a GPS to the DB9-port
          at the backside of the Alinco DR-135. But, what's the pinout of it? I
          connect the GPS to the mike-connector at the frontside to get 5 Volt
          of power. But, the TX-data from the GPS must into the DR-135. How can
          I do this, on wich pin of the DB9 connector must I connect the TXD of
          the GPS?

          I hope anybody can help me with this...

          73's,

          Roland, PD2RLD, Netherlands.

          --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, "'Scott Miller'" <scott@...> wrote:

          > I just posted the T2-135 schematic to the files section.
          >
          > Thanks to a flaw in the DR-135, you should be able to hear a bit of
          > crosstalk on the speaker when there's GPS data present on the front-
          panel
          > jack. That's the easiest way to tell if your connection is good.
          >
          > Scott

        • P. Suryono Adisoemarta
          Message 4 of 11 , Oct 6, 2007
            Pin 3 is data input to the radio (TXD from GPS)
            Pin 8 might have 5 volt for your GPS
            Pin 5 is ground

            Paulus - N5SNN / YD0XNN

            === message truncated ===

            http://tv.yahoo.com/
          • Roland
            Message 5 of 11 , Oct 6, 2007
              Thank you Paulus for the quick answer, it works.

              I have only one problem. The power on the jack on the front isn't
              enough for my GPS. So, I want to use the power from pin8 of the DB9
              connector, but that's also not enough. In the manual of the Alinco I
              found the pinout of the mike-connector, and, there is also 5 Volt on
              it. Pin 8 is ground and pin 5 is +5 Volt. My GPS works on this 5
              Volt, but...

              If the Alinco sends a beacon, the modulation is very bad. Something
              strange tones are hearable on the transmitted audio. I think it is a
              intermodulation of the GPS.

              I have now unplugged the power of the GPS and I use a 5 Volt battery.
              If I connect now the TXD on the DB9 connector, the transmitted audio
              sounds normal.

              Does anyone have this problem too, and how can I fix this, or is
              there no solution for this problem?

              I hope (again) someone can help me..

              73's, Roland, PD2RLD.

              --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, "P. Suryono Adisoemarta"