DR-135T

  • Mark Miller
    Message 1 of 6 , May 28, 2007
      Is there a way to keep the DR-135T in data mode after a cycling power?

      73,
      Mark N5RFX
    • 'Scott Miller'
      Message 2 of 6 , May 28, 2007
        I think mine always stays that way.  Could be that it's only if it's in a programmed memory, though.  I'll have to check.

        Scott

        Is there a way to keep the DR-135T in data mode after a cycling power?

        73,
        Mark N5RFX

      • Richard Braddock
        Message 3 of 6 , May 3, 2009
          I am also looking for an answer to this question. The default on power up in NOT in data mode. I am also not able to save this in the memory location. It would be really nice if it would automatically go in data mode when on the digi channel.
          Brad AE4BP
          --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, "'Scott Miller'" <scott@...> wrote:

          > I think mine always stays that way. Could be that it's only if it's in a
          > programmed memory, though. I'll have to check.
          >
          > Scott
          >

          > _____

        • Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr)
          Message 4 of 6 , May 3, 2009
            I'll have to check mine as soon as I put it back in the car. I believe
            I've got two memories set on 144.390, one in normal mode and one in data
            mode. If I'm curious about what the traffic is like, I switch to the
            non-data mode to listen. When I switch back, data mode turns on the
            T2-135 and I'm back to tracking. I believe I just set it up, turned on
            data mode, and THEN recorded the memory.

            Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ (-9 is T2-135)

            Richard Braddock wrote:

            > I am also looking for an answer to this question. The default on power
            > up in NOT in data mode. I am also not able to save this in the memory
            > location. It would be really nice if it would automatically go in data
            > mode when on the digi channel.
            > Brad AE4BP
            > "'Scott Miller'" <scott@...> wrote:
            > >
            > > I think mine always stays that way. Could be that it's only if it's in a
            > > programmed memory, though. I'll have to check.
            > >
            > > Scott
            > >

            > > _____
            > >
            > > From: tracker2@yahoogroups.com <mailto:tracker2%40yahoogroups.com>

          • Richard Bauer
            Message 5 of 6 , May 3, 2009
              hmmm. i just powered off my DR-135T mkIII and then powered it back up and
              it came back on in data mode. i then disconnected it from the camper's
              battery and when reconnected it came back on in data mode. maybe the mkIII
              is different than the original DR-135T???

              '73,
              rich, n9dko
              14:23:00
            • Richard Braddock
              Message 6 of 6 , May 3, 2009
                I was able to get this to work correctly by first erasing the memory channel that the digi is programmed to and reprogamming it with the data mode enabled. Now, when I turn on the DR-135 (when on the digi channel) it comes up operating in data mode. I have the radio and the Nuvi 350 setup to come on with the key in the car. So, this makes it very convenient to get going.