RE: [tracker2] Tracker 2 and 1 Wire

  • 'Scott Miller'
    Message 1 of 9 , May 27, 2007
      I  need to add the offset function to the T2 - it's in the OpenTracker's WX config mode, but it's not there for the T2 yet.  The setting exists internally, though - you could set it with a PATCH command if you really wanted to.

      The wind direction uses a consensus averaging algorithm, so it's more stable and will read values between the indicated positions of the vane, but it takes some time to change.

      Scott

      Message 2 of 9 , May 27, 2007
        Scott,

        Thanks. I think I would like to try the patch, but I seem to have it
        calibrated now. I am just not sure of the wind speed. I don't have
        another anemometer, so I think I will have to take the unit apart and
        see which rev I have.

        At 11:36 AM 5/27/2007, 'Scott Miller' wrote:

        >I need to add the offset function to the T2 - it's in the
        >OpenTracker's WX config mode, but it's not there for the T2
        >yet. The setting exists internally, though - you could set it with
        >a PATCH command if you really wanted to.
        >
        >The wind direction uses a consensus averaging algorithm, so it's
        >more stable and will read values between the indicated positions of
        >the vane, but it takes some time to change.
        >
        >Scott
      • 'Scott Miller'
        Message 3 of 9 , May 27, 2007
          If it's working at all, you must have the right version.  If the bus test shows only 3 devices then you've got the version 3 board.  The old one had several discrete switches.  It's still a terrible design, in my opinion - using resistors and a quad A/D to read 8 digital inputs.  Especially when there's an 8-input 1-wire I/O expander available that'd do it so simply.  Oh well...

          Scott

          Thanks. I think I would like to try the patch, but I seem to have it
          calibrated now. I am just not sure of the wind speed. I don't have
          another anemometer, so I think I will have to take the unit apart and
          see which rev I have.

          At 11:36 AM 5/27/2007, 'Scott Miller' wrote:

          >I need to add the offset function to the T2 - it's in the
          >OpenTracker' s WX config mode, but it's not there for the T2
          >yet. The setting exists internally, though - you could set it with
          >a PATCH command if you really wanted to.
          >
          >The wind direction uses a consensus averaging algorithm, so it's
          >more stable and will read values between the indicated positions of
          >the vane, but it takes some time to change.
          >
          >Scott

        • Mark Miller
          Message 4 of 9 , May 27, 2007
            Yep three devices. Ok time to mount this thing again.

            73,
            Mark N5RFX