Re: [tracker2] New T2-135 owner

  • scott@opentrac.org
    Message 1 of 13 , May 23, 2007
      The date on the file is wrong - I need to update the description text.  The Deluo shouldn't take that long to lock on, but it depends on reception.  I usually get a lock within 30 seconds straight out of the box.

      You're right, it's the NICE parameter, and I haven't got it in the config program yet.

      Scott

      >The program should only find one T2 firmware out there, except for
      >the bootloader updater - don't use that one, just the regular firmware.

      Yes, now that I can get the config program running, I can see the
      files on the web. By the way, the latest file I see is dated
      16-Dec-2006. Is that the latest one?

      >The BEACON command sets the ready-to-transmit flag and bypasses the
      >timer. It may still need to wait if the channel is busy or it's
      >waiting for a GPS fix.

      I think it was waiting for a GPS fix. The Deluo GPS seems to take
      10-15 minutes to get a fix on initial power up when it's sitting on
      my window sill.

      At 10:22 AM 5/23/2007, Mike Fenske wrote:
      >I have played a bit with smartbeaconing in command mode. If I
      >remember correctly, the high speed rate is stored in the INTERVAL
      >setting. The rest is in the SMARTBCON setting.

      Thanks, Mike. That seems to work just fine in command mode. Now that
      I can get the config program running, it's less of an issue.

      Back to Scott...In the TAPR aprssig (lively discussion recently,
      eh?), you mentioned "you can set it so that if it hears its own
      packet digipeated, it'll skip the next n transmissions" . I don't see
      that parameter in the config program. I believe you are referring to
      the NICE command, is that correct?

      Bob...