RE: [tracker2] T2-135 lessons being learned

  • 'Scott Miller'
    Message 1 of 11 , May 16, 2007
      The noise is apparently a design flaw in the DR-135 - it gets crosstalk from the data input to the speaker, regardless of the volume setting.  You can stop it by installing a 3.5mm plug in the speaker jack to disable the internal speaker entirely.

      Scott

      Message 2 of 11 , May 24, 2007
        Ok I confirmed that the T2-135 will transmit if you tell it a
        specific location and to transmit with out a good gps lock. but it
        never seems to get a GPS lock. I have used the Deluo GPS direct to
        the laptop using the USB adapter and it seems o get lock just fine.
        It is acting like the T2-135 is never seeing any GPS data. Is there
        documentation for where the test points are to test for continuity
        from the front GPS port to the T2-135?

        Bruce

        --
        Bruce W. Martin, KQ4TV
        8749 Lebanon Rd.
        Message 3 of 11 , Jun 4, 2007
          Well it would seem that there is something wrong with the "GPS"
          serial port that is connected to the front of the DR-135.
          I can hook up a GPS to the console (back) serial port and get the
          tracker to work.
          Any suggestions for what to check?
          Scott, can you post a schematic and/or board layouts to assist
          troubleshooting this problem?

          Bruce, KQ4TV

          --
          Bruce W. Martin, KQ4TV
          8749 Lebanon Rd.
          Message 4 of 11 , Jun 5, 2007
            I just posted the T2-135 schematic to the files section.

            Thanks to a flaw in the DR-135, you should be able to hear a bit of
            crosstalk on the speaker when there's GPS data present on the front-panel
            jack. That's the easiest way to tell if your connection is good.

            Scott

          • Roland
            Message 5 of 11 , Oct 6, 2007
              Hello,

              From the post below, I understand I can connect a GPS to the DB9-port
              at the backside of the Alinco DR-135. But, what's the pinout of it? I
              connect the GPS to the mike-connector at the frontside to get 5 Volt
              of power. But, the TX-data from the GPS must into the DR-135. How can
              I do this, on wich pin of the DB9 connector must I connect the TXD of
              the GPS?

              I hope anybody can help me with this...

              73's,

              Roland, PD2RLD, Netherlands.

              --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, "'Scott Miller'" <scott@...> wrote:

              > I just posted the T2-135 schematic to the files section.
              >
              > Thanks to a flaw in the DR-135, you should be able to hear a bit of
              > crosstalk on the speaker when there's GPS data present on the front-
              panel
              > jack. That's the easiest way to tell if your connection is good.
              >
              > Scott

            • P. Suryono Adisoemarta
              Message 6 of 11 , Oct 6, 2007
                Pin 3 is data input to the radio (TXD from GPS)
                Pin 8 might have 5 volt for your GPS
                Pin 5 is ground

                Paulus - N5SNN / YD0XNN

                === message truncated ===

                http://tv.yahoo.com/
              • Roland
                Message 7 of 11 , Oct 6, 2007
                  Thank you Paulus for the quick answer, it works.

                  I have only one problem. The power on the jack on the front isn't
                  enough for my GPS. So, I want to use the power from pin8 of the DB9
                  connector, but that's also not enough. In the manual of the Alinco I
                  found the pinout of the mike-connector, and, there is also 5 Volt on
                  it. Pin 8 is ground and pin 5 is +5 Volt. My GPS works on this 5
                  Volt, but...

                  If the Alinco sends a beacon, the modulation is very bad. Something
                  strange tones are hearable on the transmitted audio. I think it is a
                  intermodulation of the GPS.

                  I have now unplugged the power of the GPS and I use a 5 Volt battery.
                  If I connect now the TXD on the DB9 connector, the transmitted audio
                  sounds normal.

                  Does anyone have this problem too, and how can I fix this, or is
                  there no solution for this problem?

                  I hope (again) someone can help me..

                  73's, Roland, PD2RLD.

                  --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, "P. Suryono Adisoemarta"