Re: connect an OT2 and GPS at the same time?

  • Seamus
    Message 1 of 6 , May 6, 2007
      Hi there!

      I'm actually trying to do the same thing as you, I have the cable made, but I can not get
      the GPS to talk to the OT2, ie the data doesn't seem to be going into the OT2 on pins 7/8.
      Does anyone know how to enable this second serial port? I've been fiddling about with
      the BMODE setting,but no matter what I set that to, I can't get any activity on the LED
      indicating GPS activity.
      If anyone know of any other settings, please enlighten us!!!

      Thanks,
      Seamus

      EI8EPB

      --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, Jason Winningham <jdw@...> wrote:

      > On May 5, 2007, at 4:43 PM, christinehewett wrote:
      > >
      > > Yes, mine is a rev C, so I think i'm in luck,
      > >
      > > I didn't know about the pin 7 & 8! So do I run the pins 7/8 to the
      > > GPS or to the PC?
      > > At a guess I'd say the GPS, and do I swap them over or run them
      > > straight thru?
      >
      > transmit from the GPS would go to pin 2 or 8 (that's receive for the
      > T2 port 1 and 2 respectively).
      >
      > I have a rev A board (which doesn't have a connector for port 2), so
      > I can't speak from experience here, but I think the GPS should go on
      > port 2 (DB9 pins 7 & 8).
      >
      > You'd think I'd have this rs232 stuff straight, but even after years
      > of dealing with pin 2 vs. pin 3/tx connected to rx and vice versa/tx
      > on one pin for DB9M vs. tx on another pin for DB9F/etc etc, my usual
      > method is to take a stab at it, and if it doesn't work swap TX and RX
      > and try again. (:
      >
      > -Jason
      > kg4wsv

    • 'Scott Miller'
      Message 2 of 6 , May 8, 2007
        Pins 7 and 8 are port B, unless you set BMODE to FLOW, and then they're CTS/RTS.  So if you want an NMEA GPS on that port, just set BMODE AUTO.

        Scott