OT2-C and USB to Serial adapter

  • Michael Revell
    Message 1 of 12 , Apr 25 8:37 AM
      I havent had much time to play with the OT2 I just assembeld yet. One
      little thing I am struggling with is the USB to serial adapter I
      purchased. I cant seem to get it to work. I dont see anything even if
      I connect the GPS directly to it. Do I need a null modem adaper?

      Anyone have the same problem?

      I'm running windows XP on a Compaq Evo N800c

      Thanks
      Mike Revell
      KF9QP
    • 'Scott Miller'
      Message 2 of 12 , Apr 25 8:54 AM
        Did you get it from me?  Was it a gray one or a blue one?

        Scott

        Message 3 of 12 , Apr 25 6:41 PM
          Hi Scott
            Yes I did.  It was the gray one.

          Thanks
          Mike

          Message 4 of 12 , May 3, 2007
            Scott
              Do h

            Message 5 of 12 , May 3, 2007
              Scott
                Do h

              Message 6 of 12 , May 3, 2007
                Scott
                  Do h

                Message 7 of 12 , May 3, 2007
                  Scott
                    Do h

                  Message 8 of 12 , May 3, 2007
                    Lets see if I can hit the right button this time.

                    Scott were you able to think of anything I could try to get the USB to Serial adapter I purchased from you.  It was the gray one.

                    Sorry for the previous incoherent posts.

                    Thanks
                    Mike

                    Michael Revell <revellm@...> wrote:
                    Scott
                      Do h

                    Message 9 of 12 , May 16, 2007
                      Scott
                        I purchased one of the usb to serial port adapters from you and cant seem to get it to work.  Any clue on what I might try?  It was the gray one.

                      Any help would be greatly appreciated

                      Message 10 of 12 , May 16, 2007
                        The gray ones seem to be a little uncooperative, at least with the trackers.  I can send you one of the blue ones - those seem to always work.

                        Message 11 of 12 , May 31, 2007
                          Hi Scott
                            Thats probably the best thing to do.  How do you want me to send this back?  I dont think I have the packaging anymore.  Is that a problem?

                          Thanks
                          Mike

                          Message 12 of 12 , Jun 1, 2007
                            That's fine.  Returns go to PO Box 579, Santa Maria, CA 93456-0579.  Just include a note so I remember what the problem is.