help! - leaving on road trip in 24hrs, tracker/nuvi not connecting

  • Eric Fort
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 11, 2014
      I have a T2-301 with the most recent firmware load installed as of last night and garmin also tells me that both the maps and firmware are current as of yesterday evening (10jun2014).   at present though The nuvi 350 is complaining that it has no connection to the T2-301, even though the T2-301 appears to be beaconing.  please help resolve this as it's gotta work on this trip.  (heading off with people I have not met to a conference half way across the country and people are worried about me.... working aprs can make those who matter not worry as much!)

      Thanks,

      Eric
      AF6EP
    • Marcel S

              Message 6 of 10 , Jun 12, 2014

                I don't know if this is irrelevant, but on my setup on T3m and NUVI 350,

                I had to play with a patching command, in order to make it operate. I finally used:

                PATCH 005FFF0104 (sets the TX invert bit)

                Is there something similar for T2??

                As Marcel said: "Hopefully you saved a copy of the configuration before reflashing the FW" !!

                Stelios

                5B4ALR

              • Eric Fort

                  Message 8 of 10 , Jun 12, 2014
                    Eric,

                    Stelios does bring up a good point. Scott mentioned a few patch commands might be needed on the 301's with the latest FW. DO a quick search through the forums for the FW version you downloaded and that might give you some answers.

                    Hopefully something will work out.

                    Cheers,

                    -Marcel AI6MS

                    Message 9 of 10 , Jun 12, 2014
                      You shouldn't need to mess with the patch commands for the 301 or the OT3m, just the mini.  The mini doesn't have an RS-232 transceiver and can do RS-232 or TTL depending on the setup.

                      A last resort for the nuvi is to do a full reset.  You have to hold down a corner (upper right, I think - or maybe it's lower right) of the touch screen at start-up and you can wipe all user data.  I've had to do that to fix message queue problems before.

                      The patch commands that have been discussed here were for T3 variants.  If it's a T2 you've got, then you don't want to use any of those commands.  If it's a T3-301, then you have to be careful that you keep bit 5 set to indicate that it's a -301 so it'll take the SETFREQ and SETPOWER commands.

                      Scott