gibberish

  • kb1chu
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 9, 2014
      Tracker T2-135 in Alinco radio. When using tera term I get at first gibberish followed by the  lat and long coord and readable data from beacon or satatus text. It will not go through AGWPE to the connected programs. All was set right but I must be missing something! thanks Steve KB1CHU

    • Jason KG4WSV
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 9, 2014

        On Mon, Jun 9, 2014 at 8:13 AM, kb1chu@... [tracker2] <tracker2@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

        Tracker T2-135 in Alinco radio. When using tera term I get at first gibberish followed by the  lat and long coord and readable data from beacon or satatus text.

        sounds like you're in KISS mode.  AX.25 packet headers/trainlers are binary data.  APRS payload (lat/on, etc) is usually ASCII text, so it comes through.

        -Jason
        kg4wsv
      • Stephen black

          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 9, 2014
            Sounds like maybe it's in KISS mode. Have you tried hitting control-C a
            few times?

            Scott

            On 6/9/2014 6:13 AM, kb1chu@... [tracker2] wrote:
            > Tracker T2-135 in Alinco radio. When using tera term I get at first
            > gibberish followed by the lat and long coord and readable data from
            > beacon or satatus text. It will not go through AGWPE to the connected
            > programs. All was set right but I must be missing something! thanks
            > Steve KB1CHU

          • Steve
            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 9, 2014
              I now realize its in kiss mode and I got fed up with it for now and hooked up a Kenwood D-700 and hit the next ISS pass first time. Thanks to all who answered and I'll probably get back to it in a bit. I know it has worked in the past but it was just something I didn't have time for today. Steve KB1CHU