otUSB xastir and the raspberry pi

  • vk4leg
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 13 12:20 AM
    Hi

    I have setup my igate using the raspberry pi and xastir. Everything is working ok. When I look at the terminal in xastir I can see some errors when xastir tries to send KISS commands to the otUSB. Can anyone help me out with what else I need to configure on xastir so i do not get these errors in the terminal.
    thanks
    Woz
    VK4LEG
  • Ronny Julian
    Message 2 of 10 , Apr 13 12:43 AM
      From a satisfied user.  Try loading the latest build of YAAC and see if things work different.  You will need Java runtime installed as well.

      Since you are not caring about maps and logging is not needed the current build may be fine.

      Ronny
      K4RJJ

      [Attachment(s) from ramsatphones@... included below]

      Message 3 of 10 , Apr 14 9:21 AM
        What sort of errors are you getting?

        Scott

        On 4/13/2014 12:20 AM, ramsatphones@... wrote:
        > [Attachment(s) <#TopText> from ramsatphones@... included below]
        >
        > Hi
        >

        > I have setup my igate using the raspberry pi and xastir. Everything is
        > working ok. When I look at the terminal in xastir I can see some errors
        > when xastir tries to send KISS commands to the otUSB. Can anyone help me
        > out with what else I need to configure on xastir so i do not get these
        > errors in the terminal.
        > thanks
        > Woz
        > VK4LEG

      • vk4leg
        Message 4 of 10 , Apr 14 1:13 PM
        Hi Scott

        I have a screen shot of the errors attached. Maybe xastir is sending kiss commands that the open tracker usb does not understand? everything is working but I would like to fine tune this out of my debug consol window.

        thanks

        Woz
        VK4LEG
        Message 5 of 10 , Apr 15 8:33 AM
          Yes, those commands are in the wrong format for the OTUSB. If you're
          planning to run KISS mode then they're irrelevant, and USBKISS ON is the
          only command you need. For converse mode (which I generally don't
          recommend) you want to replace UNPROTO APX200 VIA WIDE2-2 with PATH WIDE2-2.

          Scott

          On 4/14/2014 1:13 PM, ramsatphones@... wrote:
          > [Attachment(s) <#TopText> from ramsatphones@... included below]
          >
          > Hi Scott
          >

          > I have a screen shot of the errors attached. Maybe xastir is sending
          > kiss commands that the open tracker usb does not understand?
          > everything is working but I would like to fine tune this out of my
          > debug consol window.
          >
          > thanks
          >
          > Woz
          > VK4LEG

        • Bill Vodall
          Message 6 of 10 , Apr 15 8:51 AM
            > For converse mode (which I generally don't
            > recommend)

            It's great for 'pinging' around the network...

            > you want to replace UNPROTO APX200 VIA WIDE2-2 with PATH WIDE2-2.

            How do we change the APX200 'to' field? Not critical but it would be
            nice for some things.

            Having fun and learning with the T3-9670.

            73
            Bill, WA7NWP
            Message 7 of 10 , Apr 15 9:12 AM
              The TOCALL field can't be changed - it's fixed at APOTxx.

              Scott

              On 4/15/2014 8:51 AM, Bill Vodall wrote:
              > > For converse mode (which I generally don't
              > > recommend)
              >
              > It's great for 'pinging' around the network...
              >
              > > you want to replace UNPROTO APX200 VIA WIDE2-2 with PATH WIDE2-2.
              >
              > How do we change the APX200 'to' field? Not critical but it would be
              > nice for some things.
              >

              > Having fun and learning with the T3-9670.
              >
              > 73
              > Bill, WA7NWP

            • vk4leg
              Message 8 of 10 , Apr 17 7:20 PM
                Hi
                So what file do I need to edit to stop xastir sending these commands? is it the tnc-startup.sys or is there something else for the generic kiss modem.

                thanks

                Woz VK4LEG
              • vk4leg
                Message 9 of 10 , Apr 17 9:09 PM
                  I think I have it sorted now, I set it up again a serial kiss TNC and its all good. I might have selected the wrong mode before.
                • vk4leg
                  Message 10 of 10 , Apr 20 6:01 AM
                  Raspberry Pi igate using the opentracker USB...see photo attached