Re: [tracker2] Deluo Gps in Europa

  • Keith VE7GDH
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 17, 2007
      Michael (callsign?) wrote...

      > Has anyone tried the Deluo gps receiver in Europa?
      > I had a Garmin system on my Vespa scooter but
      > wanted to use a smaller receiver.
      > So I bought a Deluo unit from Scott.
      >
      > Unfortunately the moment I start to move, I loose
      > all satellites, when I break the receiver gets a
      > look again after some time.So it looks like
      > in Europa the receiver is pretty useless.
      > Maybe I will use it for my Nixie clocks.

      How are you powering it? Does the Vespa put out a clean +12V or whatever it
      uses? However, I think you are saying that the Garmin works OK. Both GPS
      receivers should work anywhere in the world. I would suspect a power supply
      problem or ignition noise.

      73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH
    • 'Scott Miller'
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 17, 2007
        Location shouldn't matter.  Are you sure it's not a vibration problem, or electrical noise from the scooter's ignition system?

        Scott

        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 17, 2007
          On 4/17/07, Keith VE7GDH <ve7gdh@...> wrote:

          > > I had a Garmin system on my Vespa scooter but
          > > wanted to use a smaller receiver.
          > >
          > > Unfortunately the moment I start to move, I loose
          > > all satellites, when I break the receiver gets a
          > > look again after some time.

          Perhaps Michael has that Vespa wound out too much, and is exceeding
          the velocity limits 8).

          Really, noisy power could be wiping out the unit like Keith said.