T3-Mini on 3.3V?

  • k0yg
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 3, 2014
      Hi Scott,

      I just placed an order for a T3-Mini and will be purchasing a UBLOX GPS to drive it.  The newer GPS's run on 3.3V instead of 5V.  Does the T3-Mini run on 3.3V?  This would eliminate the level-shifter or resistor issues.  I would need to run the voltage in externally and probably jumper the diode due to the voltage drop.  I know the processor will run on 3.3V, but I wasn't sure about the audio out, or keying a transmitter.   The LED's would be dim, but that's OK.
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 3, 2014
        Yes, you'll need to bypass the regulator but it'll work fine down to at least 3 volts.

        Scott