OTUSB and a LaCrosse WS-23xx weather station

  • n9tkf
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 5, 2014
      Is anyone running a OTUSB with a LaCrosse WS-23xx weather station? Is one model of the weather station better than the other? Any tips or hints to setting one up?

      John
      N9TKF
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 5, 2014
        If I recall correctly, the WS23xx has a quirky serial interface.  The OTUSB doesn't have a true RS-232 transceiver and it may take some tweaking to get the weather station to communicate properly.

        Scott

        On 2/5/2014 6:14 PM, n9tkf1985@... wrote:

        Is anyone running a OTUSB with a LaCrosse WS-23xx weather station? Is one model of the weather station better than the other? Any tips or hints to setting one up?

        John
        N9TKF

      • wt9m
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 6, 2014
          I use a LaCrosse wx station with the OT2M . I had to make an adapter and send some voltage up one of the serial pins to the LaCrosse  or otherwise it wouldn't spit out any serial data.

          The info is on this group somewhere.

          Larry WT9M
        • n9tkf
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 6, 2014

            Thanks Larry and Scott. I found the pin outs, I just need to order a weather station and try it out.

            John

            N9TKF