T3-mini + FMI45 + nuvi 2555

  • mdenamur2
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 2, 2014
      Wired it all up tonight - 13.8v in on VIN and GND. No lights or anything... voltmeter on 5V and GND shows anywhere from .7 to 1.7 volts, with a spike around 3.2 at power-up. Plugged in USB cable - lights blinked. Continued testing using USB for power.

      Connected FMI45 - brown to GND2, yellow to B_RX, white to B_TX. Ran config program and set portb to 9600 garmin. Connected FMI45 to 13.8v power. Powered off nuvi 2555, plugged into cable and let it boot. Sat connected for 5+ minutes, no dispatch menu.

      Connected a probe wire to the RX pin of computer serial port, set terminal program to 9600. When connected to B_TX, I can see two 'messages' repeatedly being sent every couple seconds or so. Nothing seen on the B_RX line back from the GPS.

      I had seen an earlier post concerning the RX/TX inversion setting on the T3-mini, I ran PATCH 005FFF0106 and rebooted the T3-mini. Also tried 005FFF0102 and 005FFF0104 (with 005FFF0100 between each test).

      Still not getting any sort of communication between the T3-mini and the nuvi 2555. Any suggestions?

        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 3, 2014
          Yep, running latest firmware. The messages do change visibly after running the invert patch command.

          Tried the set-up with a friend's nuvi 2595. Same result - nothing. Got a different cable on order, it's the only part I haven't changed (tried a second T3-mini as well). Thanks for the help!
        • mdenamur2
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 4, 2014

            Just for kicks I wired in a max232 off the T3-mini. That did the trick.  Apparently the FMI45 cable didn't like the voltage levels out of the T3-mini.

          • Ronny Julian
            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 4, 2014
              Would it be the same situation for a Nuvi 350 and the Garmin cable or is that conversion built in?

              Message 6 of 7 , Feb 10, 2014
                Good to know. I'll have to look at that more closely here.

                Scott

                Message 7 of 7 , Feb 10, 2014
                  The GTRANS has a MAX3232.

                  Scott